Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The siren is mounted under passenger seat on top of ECM. I don't know about other years, but the 2012 has clips for the siren to be snapped into place. The yellow dashes indicate the antenna wire. The white dashes highlight the velcro strip that comes with package. I cut the width in half and attached it to the frame. The antenna wire (the narrow part of it) is in between the velcro to keep it from touching metal. Took less than 10 minutes to install. I did not remove the maxi fuse as recommended in the instructions, just made sure the ignition switch was off. On the 2012, the power cable/connector is already located near the ECM. On earlier models (not sure which) the cable may have to be routed from the fuel tank area (according to the instructions).

siren.jpg

velcro.jpg

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
what did it cost?

·
Registered
112 Posts
well thee you go - my Bike already had one fitted whne I bought it.

I was not aware it was not standard equipment

Would be interested to see how much they are though.

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pager part number is 91672-07 and costs $66.36. The siren number is 68328-06A and is $75.15. Both prices are from surdyke.com

The pager holds a charge for 8 days and has a range of 1/2 mile. It beeps or vibrates when the security system is triggered, such as someone is tampering with the bike.

·
Banned
134 Posts
I have a 2012 Muscle and had a Viper alarm system installed. It has an infrared perimeter
detector along with a shock detector and also disables the ignition. If you hold your hand 8" over the seat the alarm will go off without even touching the bike. It has a 2-way pager that is good for 1/2 mile. It was kind of expensive at $550.00 but it has a lifetime guarantee. Worth every penny if it prevents a theft.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You can hook a basic alarm/sien up to the bike. There's a thread about it somewhere. That's the cheap way out. A hidden switch to kill the ignition would be cheapest and easiest...as well as effective.

·
Banned
134 Posts
You can hook a basic alarm/sien up to the bike. There's a thread about it somewhere. That's the cheap way out. A hidden switch to kill the ignition would be cheapest and easiest...as well as effective.
When I bought my bike in May 2012 the salesman said I couldn't get the H-D security system without buying the ABS as a package for an additonal $1500.00. Since my bike didn't have ABS I went elsewhere to get an alarm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts