·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Details:
2009 VRSCDX
No security system

Last week I installed the heated hand grips and they work like I charm.. I put the bike into storage, and pulled it out today for a ride. I noticed that the security key light comes on when I place the key to run and then goes out after about 5 seconds, it then comes back on. Now of course I followed the instructions on the heated hand grips, positive to battery, negative to the frame, and accessory wire was spliced in with the accesory power at the fuse... Does anyone have any idea why the light is remaining on and how I can fix the issue?

Thanks,

Dustin

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and this is the error code I get from the DTC

P0113 Current IAT sensor open/high 4.21 DTCP0112, P0113

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I cleared out all the codes and everything seems good now.. Light stays off :D

Yay search function!! Sorry guys :(

·
Registered
600 Posts
I had a similar problem. No security system security light stayed on. Be sure your clutch lever is correctly located over the clutch switch. If it it even a fraction of an inch the security light will come on. When the security light was on on my bike would not start.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I definitely have a problem here guys.. Brake light is always on I noticed, and I get the codes B1154 and C1094.. I have no idea why the brake light is always on now.. I mean I had to tap into the accessory power at the fuse for the handgrips, and I noticed if I pull out the accy fuse the brake light goes out.. So Im assuming even tho the instructions say to do so I was wrong? The only possible thing I could see that went wrong on the install was that I didnt scrape away alot of paint on the ground to frame.. But the grips work like a charm and if there wasnt a good ground I would assume they wouldnt work at all...

·
Registered
600 Posts
You may be on the right track a dtc of B1154 indicates a clutch ground fault. I can't find C1094 but C1095 indicates front brake switch open.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I reseated the brake lever and made it tight to the switch (Is there supposed be anything besides a switch with rubber boot between the lever and switch?). The brake light now seems to work properly, and the error is gone, however Im still stuck with this B1154 or whatever it was.. clutch switch grounded? Could this be from moving the clutch lever?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FIXED**** Clutch Lever misaligned with the switch. All good now.... And hey, I got to install new plugs on top of it :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
I thought so. It took me a couple of weeks to figure it out when I didn't get mine back in the right place. The worst part of it was when it first did it I was a couple of hours from home with a group that i had never ridden with before. The security light would come on after riding for about five minutes. If I turned the bike off with the security light showing my bike would not start until I disconnected the battery clear the code it was throwing. I'm glad you got it sorted.

·
Noel
4,598 Posts
Glad you found both problems, these are the most common user inflicted issues. IMHO.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, James is right, just properly align the lever to the switch and the code will go out.. Make sure to clear it ;)

·
H-D StepChild
940 Posts
NOTE Another Cause of Security Light

*NOTE Some Vrods have a clutch switch, some after market levers are not clutch switch capable. Please check with your HD Dealer before ordering....Not only will this light remain on, but you will no longer start your bike in gear with clutch depressed.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
*NOTE Some Vrods have a clutch switch, some after market levers are not clutch switch capable. Please check with your HD Dealer before ordering....Not only will this light remain on, but you will no longer start your bike in gear with clutch depressed.
I will have this problem, why put neutral switch in hand controls? crazy... but I will figure out something once the controls arrive. Worst case scenario, I short the 2 wires out for the sensor and it goes out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts