Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I had my 2011 VRSCF customised recently, the guy also installed HD security system that uses butonless fobs, as my bike was in transit for 2 weeks he took out the fuse to stop it from alarming, now I am unable to start the bike,

I changed batteries in both fobs still no luck,
Bike battery is fine

I do the following to start it

IGN on, RUN, START (no luck) is there a trick that I don't know about? The guy who did the work says that I am doing everything ok.

The bike was 100% starting when the guy was working on it.

What could it be?

Thanks
Ben_G

·
Registered
249 Posts
I gotta ask..... did you put the fuse back ?

When you hit IGN & RUN does the display light up ? Do you hear the electronics running?

When you hit start does it make a noise? Do the lights dim?

Have you checked your fuses?

Check the voltage in the battery

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Danny,

Yes, the fuse is back in the correct position.

Display lighs up as soon as I turn the IGN, when I hit RUN I can hear the pump or something

Lights do not dim when I hit START and there are no other noises.

All fuses under the seat are OK, Battery has been charged up and is on Tender charger 24/7

could it be that having security system fuse out for 2 weeks completely disabled the security system but did not disarm?

I found some useful posts on forums to enter PIN using indicator switches so I will try that! Other than that I can remove passenger seat and check the antena unit and then call HD....

any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
If you have the PIN, try the procedure to disarm the security system. If it starts that will point to the FOBs as being the culprit.
Did you check the fuses with a VOM instead of just eye balling them? Sometimes the fuses are bad but look good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.