Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Greg/Moderator
Joined
·
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get the fob to activate the security alarm. I check the batteries in the fob and siren, they both are good, I check the connections for corrosion and no problem there. RJ my fine friend.... sent me the key fob assignment procedure and that did fix the problem either. Turn signal or security light in the cluster doesn't flash or light up. Any help would be great !!!!!

Thanks Greg
 

·
KC Rally Vet
Joined
·
3,172 Posts
Hey G, give Danno a call... He can give you the repeat lesson he gave you at the rally.:stilpoke:
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
Greg, does the alarm have a maximum number of remotes that can be programmed... I know some car alarms will only let you do 3 or 4 then you have to delete all of them out completely and reassign them all.
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
what was the operator error? :)
 

·
Friend of Max.
Joined
·
21,719 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
Greg, does the alarm have a maximum number of remotes that can be programmed... I know some car alarms will only let you do 3 or 4 then you have to delete all of them out completely and reassign them all.
The alarm can only recognize 2 fobs. If you program it to a new fob, it bumps an old one out of the memory.

Greg, what was the issue?
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
rjrivero said:
The alarm can only recognize 2 fobs. If you program it to a new fob, it bumps an old one out of the memory.

Greg, what was the issue?
kickass :notworth:
glad to know I was on the right path with that one!:deal:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,056 Posts
Is there a way to program a second fob w/o having to take it into the dealer? is there a thread and procedure on that?
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
bigjim50010 said:
Is there a way to program a second fob w/o having to take it into the dealer? is there a thread and procedure on that?
there is, but I think RJ will have to PM you on that one.. i havent seen a "thread" about it.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top