Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Slammed
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum as of today and bought my bike about 2 weeks ago. I was looking for a new seat, one that sits lower, has more back support and still looks good. Any suggestions?

btw. The bikes on this site are sick. Getting great ideas...

·
Back in Black
212 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I've got the Sundowner fitted to mine.

Meets all your requirements. Lower, more back support and more comfortable. Done several 5+ hour rides on it and no back pain. Also tends to balance you
further back so there is less pressure on your wrists.

Got a couple of shots of it fitted in my gallery.

Drew

·
Ex Night Rodder
152 Posts
Sundowner. Hands down the best HD seat my arse had has the pleasure of sitting on. Not that I am implying I am into pleasuring my arse but... nevermind. Anyway it has great back support for the long rides but to really take advantage of that you need handlebars that let you sink back into it. HD says you need the special luggage rack rear bracket to use this seat but I ran mine for a few weeks without it and it mounted up and worked just fine. It was a tad wobbly with someone on it but that was solved when I finally did get the recommended rear bracket.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
yep...... :them:

Was one of the first 10 mods done to the bike... Makes it feel like you sit IN the bike instead of on it..... IMHO best seat from HD but there are other manufacturers out there.... Corbin jumps to mind and some custom makers... Check out Max's and RJ's (rjrivero) gallery.

HoldHard

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
:them:

·
Scott
492 Posts
I have Tallboy seat which is a great touring seat for long rides. What I like about it is it moves your ass as far back as it goes, it gives me more of a chopper feel. The problem with it as an all around town seat is that it's too high.

The Sundowner seat was lower but pushed me too far forward.

I'm told the CFR seat is one that is low but don't know about where your ass winds up.

If you REALLY want to know how low you can go from a starting point, take your seat off, keep the passenger pillion on, and jump on and take the bike around the block. That'll give you a feel for being REALLY low. Then from there decide where you want your ass to be relative to the foot pegs, shifter and brake and how far extended you want your arms to the handle bars.

From there...a custom seat for around $400-600 is the best to go.

·
Scott
492 Posts
Hi Slammed...got your email. The Sundowner seat is a touring seat for long hauls - read HD's catalog description. It did push me forward more than the stock seat did. I sold mine on EBay to a girl in Austrailia for $380.

·
Registered
488 Posts
mechmitch said:
Hands down the best HD seat my arse had has the pleasure of sitting on. Not that I am implying I am into pleasuring my arse but... nevermind.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hands down, 2 thumbs up? ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts