Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

If you had the option which seat would you buy?

  • CFR

    Votes: 52 74.3%
  • Corbin Young Guns

    Votes: 18 25.7%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Vendor
Joined
·
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a sundowner seat but want more the custom sleek look for the day rides and dick slapping sessions at the dealerships when they give free HOT DOGS!

Currently looking at 2 different seats:
CFR
Corbin Young Gun

Opinions welcomed!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,397 Posts
Being that I have a CFR seat!!!
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
i havent seen the young guns seat.. but the cfr is badass!!!
 

·
I'd rather be riding
Joined
·
218 Posts
ohioVROD said:
I already have a sundowner seat but want more the custom sleek look for the day rides and dick slapping sessions at the dealerships when they give free HOT DOGS!

Currently looking at 2 different seats:
CFR
Corbin Young Gun

Opinions welcomed!

LMAO
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
free hotdogs are great!
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
Frankjake said:
I want a CFR seat but they don't make one for the 07's (wide)
i have a friend with a d model... maybe this weekend we can try his seat on my aw to see the fitment issues
 

·
knit whit
Joined
·
1,413 Posts
Anyone know who does make a seat that is a nice lookin at the CFR for the 07 phat azz's? I also have the sundowner but that CFR seat is the bomb!
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
I voted cfr but have had one for years and still think it's the best looking seat made for our bikes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,801 Posts
I like my Corbin. Comfort beats style, IMHO!
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
CPTJAM said:
I like my Corbin. Comfort beats style, IMHO!
Comfort is a subjective word. I think I have owned most of the seats available for the v-rod and if comfort is the key and your not too tall then the sundowner is the way to go. The Corbin seat was the heaviest seat of the bunch but the pillion on the back of it looked like something from the movie aliens. It wasn't that bad for comfort but IMHO not really any better then the cfr and didn't offer as much leg room as the cfr so it was a trade off.

In this picture the center seat is the cfr and the seat on the far right is the corbin YG.

 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn decisions! I think CFR is my pick. The stores about Corbins issue with fit on the bike really concerns me seeing that I am buying it used.
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
ohioVROD said:
Damn decisions! I think CFR is my pick. The stores about Corbins issue with fit on the bike really concerns me seeing that I am buying it used.
The CFR is really hard to get and no doubt Cary has had issues with fit on some bikes also. The problem was explained to me that the hinge pins just are not the same on all bikes so seat that fits my bike perfect has a gap on another bike. THe HD seats have enough padding and error built in to cover the gaps. I will say the corbin seat I had stuck up pretty high on my bike but it has huge rubber bumpers around the base and out of all the seats I tried the thing weighed a ton. It is a solid piece of glass on the bottom of it.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Max said:
The CFR is really hard to get and no doubt Cary has had issues with fit on some bikes also. The problem was explained to me that the hinge pins just are not the same on all bikes so seat that fits my bike perfect has a gap on another bike. THe HD seats have enough padding and error built in to cover the gaps. I will say the corbin seat I had stuck up pretty high on my bike but it has huge rubber bumpers around the base and out of all the seats I tried the thing weighed a ton. It is a solid piece of glass on the bottom of it.

Well I found someone that wants to part with there CFR seat on here so I think I am going to pull the trigger today and buy it off of him. And if fitment issues have to do with the hinge pins then I guess its good that I own a machine shop! Yeah those rubber bumpers on the corbin dont sound fun at all. Thanks for everyones opinions and Max thanks for the forum to be able to do so.
:moped:
 

·
Friend of Max.
Joined
·
21,719 Posts
Max said:
Comfort is a subjective word. I think I have owned most of the seats available for the v-rod and if comfort is the key and your not too tall then the sundowner is the way to go. The Corbin seat was the heaviest seat of the bunch but the pillion on the back of it looked like something from the movie aliens. It wasn't that bad for comfort but IMHO not really any better then the cfr and didn't offer as much leg room as the cfr so it was a trade off.

In this picture the center seat is the cfr and the seat on the far right is the corbin YG.

I still like that sexy second seat in this picture. It's my personal favorite!!
 

·
Scott
Joined
·
492 Posts
Max said:
Comfort is a subjective word. I think I have owned most of the seats available for the v-rod and if comfort is the key and your not too tall then the sundowner is the way to go. The Corbin seat was the heaviest seat of the bunch but the pillion on the back of it looked like something from the movie aliens. It wasn't that bad for comfort but IMHO not really any better then the cfr and didn't offer as much leg room as the cfr so it was a trade off.

In this picture the center seat is the cfr and the seat on the far right is the corbin YG.

Max...which one has the flames?
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top