Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the seat?

I have a Service Manual on order but it has not arrived.

There appears to be pins that you drive out using a small punch? Is this correct?

I don't want to start hammering until I'm sure this is what you do.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
First open the seat up.

Next, fish out the cord where it goes into the body of the bike. There is a small pin at the end of the cord that needs to be turned vertical to allow it to come out of the hole.

The seat hinge has a piece of plastic tubing that locks it into place. This tubing is split. You will need a small tool to pull this plastic tube off of the hinge. A small screw driver, small 90 deg. pick tool, or something along thse lines will remove the platic tube.

Once the plastic tube is removed, the seat should slide out of the hinge and wahla, your done.

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Piece of cake. Open the seat, remove the the seat tether from the hole in the frame. Looking at the hinge, at the center, you'll see a hinge clip. It's made out of plastic -- just take a screwdrive and pry it out. Then slide the seat rearward and voila' it's out.
With the pillion, just take out the large bolt at the front and slide the pillion aft. If you're going to put the stock pillion back on or replacing it, be prepaired to have to wrestle with it. Don't be bashful about bending the retaining tab up. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

Ahhh, you beat me to the punch Mr. King

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I sure am glad I asked 1st. I was about to get the punch and hammer.

I saw the plastic sleeve but didn't know it's real purpose.

Will be glad when the service manual arrive.

·
Registered
373 Posts
curlysir said:
Thanks, I sure am glad I asked 1st. I was about to get the punch and hammer.

I saw the plastic sleeve but didn't know it's real purpose.

Will be glad when the service manual arrive.
These guys here are a service manuel. They are the best

1 - 5 of 5 Posts