Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
All that company does is reshape the foam or add gel. Has anyone done this themselves? I was going to do it on my zx6r but i sold it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Picked up a spare seat from MayHem and am going to hack away at it to make a low pro seat for around town. My current seat I had Joe at American Soft Seat do his thing. Did a 5 plus hr ride last weekend and enjoyed every min in the saddle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am just trying to find a way to add another 1/5" to the butt stop or a new seat that pushes me forward 1.5 inches.. height is OK.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep I think that is what I am going to do.. take the seat in to a shop and leave it there maybe there are other folks out there having the same challenge. What ever I do has to flip up or move with the seat cusion as to be able to fill the tank. I think the issue will be getting something to match it.

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
Yep I think that is what I am going to do.. take the seat in to a shop and leave it there maybe there are other folks out there having the same challenge. What ever I do has to flip up or move with the seat cusion as to be able to fill the tank. I think the issue will be getting something to match it.
if the reason you need to move forward an 1.5" is reach you should look at Budmans pull back for the handle bars they will get them about that much closer to you may cure the problem
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157475

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im short as well and would like to sit closer more for my feet not to the handle bars. I will eventually get a bitchin seat. Just need to come up with 1k :banghead:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reason for the push up is not the bars but just to have a little more comfort on the pegs. .. they are in the reduced reach position now but could stand a little more of that and perhaps also a little more feeling of being in the 'pocket' vs on the bench.. if that makes sense

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
The reason for the push up is not the bars but just to have a little more comfort on the pegs. .. they are in the reduced reach position now but could stand a little more of that and perhaps also a little more feeling of being in the 'pocket' vs on the bench.. if that makes sense
sounds like you should look into mean city cycles, they do advertise being able to move you forward

·
F2NV
1,734 Posts
The only thing HD makes for the F for us short people is the the riser and bars for night rod. But IMO, this kills the look.

Or

You could get a set of thicker pegs and/or pegs with stirrups.

Good luck.

Sent from my phone. Expect misspelled words !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts