Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Seat Grommet for a 2014 DX. Part # 11651, holds the seat down. What is the best way to install this. Thanks, Dave
I actually use a 11669, custom belt sanded fit or length to provide a true stop when seat is closed. Never cared for the 11651 much as it offers no actual stop. In either case, 3m weather strip adhesive on the part that sits against the seat pan. Grip glue or similar is fine also. I also give the post a light smear of dielectric grease to the post to keep it from grabbing too much. Between the two, this will keep the grommet from tearing apart where it sits in the plastic pan.
Ron

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Ron, thanks for the tip. Part # 11669, what does this originally fit? When it is sanded down, what is the length? Thanks, Dave
It's one of those sand and fit deals until it's right. More work then it's worth actually but I got 3 of them so made use of it. My dealer at the time told me it was an updated part but he was wrong. It's an updated part for the Rocker but not the v rod. The original v rod grommet is still available. Bonding it will prevent it from tearing at the grommet groove where it sits in the seat pan hole. A dash of dielectric keeps friction wear to a minimum.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.