Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock seat from an R that has been shipped to American Soft Seat for the gell pad insert and memory foam. I just got the seat back and it is still not comfortable for me because the original seat is to narrow. They did a great job on the seat and I have the receipt for all the work. The gell insert makes a huge diff. from the stock seat. I just spent $150 plus shipping to have this done. I would take $140 plus shipping for the seat. Again, I will include the receipt from AMSSS just to prove the work was done.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
I had that done to my seat. Bought a seat off another forum member and had it sent straight there. After I got it back I realized the leather didn't match. I pulled all the staples and transfered leather. While it was apart I took a look. They "hollowed" out a section of the stock foam about 1 inch deep. Then they stuck a big piece of gel stuff in the recess, then covered that with a thin layer of what they call "memory foam" then cover that with a layer of plastic to keep the water out, then stapled it all back nice and neat.

Bottom line...nice job and really much softer than the original. Should have taken some pics, but I forgot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have sent my sundowner seat instead of the stock seat...As soon as I sell the stock seat, I will send the sundowner off. The stock seat is just to narrow for me..feel like I am being split in two.

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
streetrod782 said:
I should have sent my sundowner seat instead of the stock seat...As soon as I sell the stock seat, I will send the sundowner off. The stock seat is just to narrow for me..feel like I am being split in two.
Ouch, That's not good!

Does the stock seat on an 05 CVO fit other years and models? I have sat on other bikes with various seats and I like my seat best. I am 5'10 & 200lbs. My thighs are not thin so wide seats are actually a bit uncomfortable. But it seems that my seat feels better than most any other V-Rod that I sit on in the showrooms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts