Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the majority of riders do not have my dilemna, but being 5' 4" I have had some close calls with the bike. Does anyone have the same problem and did you go with the reduced reach pegs etc and seat? I'm thinking of buying either the Willie G seat or Badlander since they drop you another inch toward the ground. Any custom seats better out there?

Thanks,

Dan

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
What kind of close calls?

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
HD seat #52024-01 is a forward position seat.It will move you 1"closer to the handlebars.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
You might want to talk with Corbin Seats as well. They will work with you to design a seat for the smaller of stature....

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Whilst on the Corbin subject, ChopperSteve has the best prices I've found (www.v-mod.com) and are very easy to work with!

I ordered mine with additional padding (no explanation needed!)

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it.

Morey000, I have had some problems moving it at times with not having a full foot on the ground and one time I actually had to set it on it's peg when I reached for the ground and hit gravel. I think if I had more of my foot on the ground it would have been less demoralizing. Only a scratched peg and mirror though, I got lucky. Replaced the peg right away and the new mirrors are on the Christmas list!

Thanks again,

Dan

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Dan,

I have seen photos of a black, very sporty euro-looking V-Rod with red mags and the foot controls moved much closer to the middle of the bike. Still looking for the post that explains how he did it, will post a link if I can find it. He said he grinded down the original peg mount stubs, and attached small bars straight out from the bottom plate, where the new footpegs were mounted. Claims much better handling and control. Also had a less voluminous exhaust.

Anyway it's an option. I only mention it because I am considering a similar mod on my bike. I'm a 5'9" bicycle lover and think I would like the foot positioning better. Thinking I can always add a mustache bar or something if I ever really miss kicking my feet up.

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Diomedes, appreciate the input!

We got 8 inches of snow yesterday so I won't be doing any riding but I am planning on doing a lot of work on the bike this winter.

I hope Santa brings me that cycle jack I want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts