Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve finished my conversion to the Rizoma handle bars with Performance Machine controls except for one nagging issue.

The PM controls all use momentary switches while our run / stop switch on the stock controls is a simple on / off circuit. I’ve posted about this previously, so won’t rehash the details.

As a temporary measure I’ve routed the run stop to a rocker switch mounted next on the horn cover. I’ve tried using a 5 pin relay to convert between momentary and on / off, but have broken 3. They work ½ dozen times then the contacts break.

Does anyone have or can anyone source an on off / off switch with the dimensions as pictured below? This needs to fit inside the Performance Machine switch housing so cannot be any larger.

VRodSwitch.jpg

I've tried my local electronics suppliers and also contacted PM. Their line is 'well it works on our vrod'. They won't tell me who their switch supplier is either.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does! along with the number '67'. I'll checkout their web site, cheers for the keen eye :D

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
I think this is the one you would need:

SPDT - On, Off - 18AWG - Short - Black - Black - 14VDC, 2A - 528PB-ND

As an alternative, I believe that is the same switch that comes with the H-D crash bar fog light kits.

·
Dr. Laser Guy
997 Posts
Joe beat me to it. Yes, it is a Judco; same type of switches used in the V-Gauge.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou, thankyou and thankyou again, this has been driving me up the wall for about 3 months. Next time I'm in the states, beers on me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts