Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I have a 2006 night rod with a little over 18k on the clock.

It's about time for a valve inspection/adjustment. The more immediate problem however is a coolant leak coming from the right side engine cover near the starter. It's not that bad, but I'm sure it will only get worse.

The bike has never been in the shop and I really don't want to pay a Harley dealer to turn the bike over to the latest MMI graduate to learn on.

Does anyone know of an independent Harley mechanic in the Austin area that has experience with Vrod's?

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Hello all

I have a 2006 night rod with a little over 18k on the clock.

It's about time for a valve inspection/adjustment. The more immediate problem however is a coolant leak coming from the right side engine cover near the starter. It's not that bad, but I'm sure it will only get worse.

The bike has never been in the shop and I really don't want to pay a Harley dealer to turn the bike over to the latest MMI graduate to learn on.

Does anyone know of an independent Harley mechanic in the Austin area that has experience with Vrod's?
The leak should be obvious if you clean it all up and look for it. Could be as simple as a loose clamp, either at the rad itself or one of the shrink fit Gates clamps on the tubes. These can be cut off and replaced with a gear clamp if needed. Can't help with the mechanic part.
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts