Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After thinking about it, but not having seen any SE2's personally, i started wondering if the se2 fender was any different shaped that the AW fender. I have seen a few pics and it looks to not be flared out as much.. just wondering if anyone could share some knowledge!

Thanks!
 

·
Dark Knight
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
From what I've heard, the SE2 fender will require modifications to the seat pan. Using the 07 D pan and fender, its a straight swap.
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so mounting it is cleared up... how about the shape from looking at the bike.. doesnt it appear smaller than the AW fenders?
 

·
Dark Knight
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
It is definitely smaller than the AW and DX fenders. I believe it is just slightly wider than the D fender. It definitely doesn't have that platypus look to it.
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm... i am thinking that this may be the way I go with my fender then.. i think the d fender would rub too much with a 260 and 11.5" shocks.. the SE2 fender may have just enough room to fit better.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,516 Posts
I have an SE rear fender on my bike. Take a look at my gallery. The SE fender is definatley not as wide as the 07 and has more of the shape of the older v rods in my opinion. The pics in my gallery is with a 260 mounted.
 

·
Dark Knight
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
Gdub, that looks great. I would definitely go that route if I were to go up to a 260. I'm going to stick with the 240, so the D fender would probably fit better than the SE2 in my case.
 

·
SNAFU
Joined
·
13,094 Posts
The fender isn't your problem, it's going to be the fender mount. The SE2 fender is made to mount to the old style narrow frame, trying to get it modified to fit on a wide frame bike would be far more trouble than it's worth.

The fender on the D fit's nicely over the 240, It would save you a lot of money to simply do the D fender conversion and go back to the 240 tire if it rubs. The D's narrow fender and fender support and a 240 will give you the same, if not better look than the 260 under the W I D E fender.
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mjw930 said:
The fender isn't your problem, it's going to be the fender mount. The SE2 fender is made to mount to the old style narrow frame, trying to get it modified to fit on a wide frame bike would be far more trouble than it's worth.

The fender on the D fit's nicely over the 240, It would save you a lot of money to simply do the D fender conversion and go back to the 240 tire if it rubs. The D's narrow fender and fender support and a 240 will give you the same, if not better look than the 260 under the W I D E fender.
let me just be honest 100%.. i want to stroke my ego and put the fattest thing under there as possible... so for me the 260 is compensating for something :angeldev:
 

·
Chrome is king!!!
Joined
·
20,269 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
let me just be honest 100%.. i want to stroke my ego and put the fattest thing under there as possible... so for me the 260 is compensating for something :angeldev:

Some things are better left unsaid. :)
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bwahahaha

i wasn't compensating for that you dirty dog!! bwahaha
 

·
Jeff/Modistrator
Joined
·
6,136 Posts
Pics

Not to be totally off topic Travis,,but when are you going to upload some pics in that gallery of yours? Or are you to busy posting 1000 posts in 60-90days? (not sure what your join date was) :)
Post some pics Bro.


Ride safe,
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jmullins said:
Not to be totally off topic Travis,,but when are you going to upload some pics in that gallery of yours? Or are you to busy posting 1000 posts in 60-90days? (not sure what your join date was) :)
Post some pics Bro.


Ride safe,
I need to... i have been hosting my pictures on flickr. So I tend to forget to upload them here as well. I should be doing another photoshoot in the next week, but until then I can bring some of my other stuff over.

Besides, I DID do a pictures thread on here a while back.:chair:
 

·
Jeff/Modistrator
Joined
·
6,136 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
I need to... i have been hosting my pictures on flickr. So I tend to forget to upload them here as well. I should be doing another photoshoot in the next week, but until then I can bring some of my other stuff over.

Besides, I DID do a pictures thread on here a while back.:chair:

LOL cool
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top