Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to beat this exhaust thing to death but when you about to spend close to $1000 you want as much info as possible. Has anyone heard both of these-I heard the se1 yesterday and couldn't tell it was any different than stock. Then there is the standard v-mod vs the se1 v-mod...will it be too loud on extended rides? Would someone who has heard all of these combos chime in.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here's my take. Loud is in the ear of the beholder. The best bang for buck is the stock V- Mod. Nowhere near $1000 Bucks. If you end up not liking the sound or performance, you can easily sell them and upgrade to your next option.
With a pc111 and 020 download and leaned out by 10% in the mid and lower ranges, s/e air filter topless, and stock V-Mods, and without spending time tuning ,just 2 runs on the dyno, my numbers are 114,9 hp @ 8442 rpm and 84 tq @ 6536 rpm.
With more tuning and customising of the map I will be able to achieve better results.The point I am making is that there are not a lot of bikes with much bigger numbers for the dollar amount.
Just my .02
Derek

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ya but when Money is No Object!:diablo: The Sky is the Limit!;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I agree:confused: ,but it's still the best bang for buck. The higher #'s after that start costing a looooottttt. more
:2cents

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
I agree with Derek. I have stock Mods with PCIIIr/K&N (dyno'd) and am extremely happy. 117.5 rwhp/74.9tq and a killer sound. I've had the mods for about a month, and maybe it's my imagination, but the sound is more full now than when I first got them.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've had the V-modded SEs, and sometimes I wish they were louder (like when riding down Main Street in Sturgis,) and sometimes I'm glad they're not! They'll bark pretty good with a twist of the throttle but when I leave early in the AM, I don't annoy the neighbors (much!) Also, on longer rides, I don't think I'd want them any louder. :2cents

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
The consensus is that the stock V-Mods are too loud for extended rides. The SE V-Mods aren't loud enough for some but make more power (close to race pipes) and are perfect for the long rides. They also get plenty loud under acceleration, they just quiet down when you aren't loading the bike. A set of used SE's can be had for $300 - $350, the mod is another $125 or Steve will sell you new ones pre-modded and take you stock pipes in trade.

Mark

BTW, I've had both and sold the V-Mods to get SE V-Mods and am much happier, I spend a lot of time on the highway or doing longer (100+ mile) rides.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should say that I always wear earplugs if that makes a difference when on the highway with the stock vmods.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have both stock and se pipes. Neither are v-moded yet. I really like the sound of stock V-mods. Unfortunately, I don't get to do too many long rides. At least not yet so I don't think the droning will be an issue for me.

What exactly is the hp and tourqe differences from the stock to se v-mods?

I'm not willing to comprimise much power for sound.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Derek,
I would really Doubt Your Numbers though because the RWTQ Is Way out of Line for those Minimal Mods!I'm sorry unless your Bike has 30 extra Cubes you don't know about I'd have to ask you to Back that on Up! :diablo:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts