Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pics of the business end of V Modded SE mufflers? The internals of the SE's are different than the stock mufflers. Thanks....Greg

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Hi Greg,
I've seen them, and they look exactly the same after the V-Modding. The opening isn't changed as it is on the non SE V-Mods. Hope this helps my friend.

John

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John .....The packing on the stock pipes stays in the pipe, while the packing is wraped around the baffling on the SE, if you remove the center like on the stock i think that I'll be left with a shell[LOUD] If I saw a set I might be able to figure out how to do the mod.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry didn't read your post good before I started so I'll try again. No external mods that you saw, how is this done then?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Greg,

There's a diverter plate in the center baffle section (pipe) on the SE's. Steve has a custom designed "drill" that he sticks up the back end of the pipe and cuts out that baffle plate. When it's done you can see through the pipe, before it's done you'll see the plate if you hold the pipe up to light. I suppose you could do it with a hole cutter on a long rod or find a long drill bit of the proper size. That's all there is to V-Modded SE Slip Ons.

BTW, I have v-mod SE's and I love them! They make excellent power and sound great, not too loud but not too quiet. Great if you do any extended highway miles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I totally agree with mjw930. Excellent sound without ringing ears, and make some power. You can also see right through them.

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Pics of the SE Slip-on Vmod

I run stock Vmods, but I did send my SE slip-on's out for Vmod and they arrived in early DEC. They'll go on when the weather turns warm. Today I had time to un-box and shoot some pics. You can see that the SE's are modified from the triple volume connection end, as opposed to the Stock mufflers which are cut from the rear exit area. Check out the pics:

The center bore is wide open all the way thru, although the picture does not show it. The Vmod cut appears to be that half inch or so deep (speculation, I did not look at the muffler before sending it to Choppersteve), shows up as the fresh cut metal burr in this picture.

No modification to this end

I edeted the post so the pics work.
Ketsugo

·
4,638 Posts
Via VRSCA ,
The pics are not showing on the forum can you re send them on a thread

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
My browser can't seem to hook up with those links...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts