Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to try out the SE tuner on my 09 DX. I was checking to see what someone had laying around or someone who just wants to sell one. I have a PC5 I would sell or trade plus cash or whatever works. Let me know what you have.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I too was originally looking to use a SE Tuner on my 2003 VRSCA. I could be wrong, but from my understanding with the SE tuners if the cartridge has been used, it is only good for the bike it that the tuner has been installed on so if you buy one used, it won't work on your bike. I'd recommend looking on ebay for a new one or one that has been opened, but the cartridge is still new. Then you can sell your PC5 on here or whatever. I personally think they're too expensive considering they can't be transferred to a different V-Rod if you were to buy another bike in the future, but that's just my opinion. Good luck!

·
** Place ad here **
1,460 Posts
dbow119 is correct... the module is called a VCI (Vehicle Communication Interface) and it is "married" to the ecm. There is no current way to "divorce" the VCI from the ECM, so if the SEST has been mated to a bike, it will only work with that ECM on that bike.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
So does anyone know of the best place/price to get an SERT? I need one to start my SE cam mod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts