Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my '02 six months ago, it already had the Screamin' Eagle slip-on's installed. The bike had 300 miles on it. Before I bought it I had done a little research. I knew that with the SE Slip-fit mufflers, the air filter was usually upgraded to the performance model and it would need a recaibration. I never looked, but assumed that my bike probably had the K&N filter. I did ask the dealer whether the bike had been calibrated for the exhaust. I was told that it had been done.
I had the bike serviced at 1,000 and 2,500 miles. Because of this I never even had the air cover off. Today I was looking for the battery tender harness, and noticed that the air filter appears to be stock. The bike now has about 4,000 miles. It has always seemed to run very well, except for it stalling a couple of times coasting in to lights.
I'm thinking that I would like to install the performance filter. Any chance that anybody could give me any advise? For example-might I need to get a new calibration. Looking on-line, I only see where Harley has one for both the Se's and the performance filter. That may ean that I already have it. Is there a easy way to check what I have?

·
Registered
223 Posts
The stock air filter is a white paper filter and the SE is red made by K&N. The dealer should be able to tell what flash is installed for the calibration.
Cheers Derek

·
4,638 Posts
russbreen,
This may help.... Hear are the correct part numbers you need....

29793-02 ELEMENT, AIR FILTER
32065-02 CART. 02 VSRC W 16 G

32065-02 IS THE FLASH THAT WAS USED ON YOUR BIKE... YOU CAN HAVE THE BAFFELS V-MODDED AND IT WILL RUN PERFECT WITH THIS FLASH.... I SPOKE TO CHOPPER STEVE TO ENSURE THAT YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR DOWN LOAD AGAIN.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ricky G. I think that I will just put in the performance filter, and have the dealer check the flash the next time that it's in for service. The V-Mod on the exhaust might be in the near future also. I've also been eyeing up the saddlebag/support combo and a windshield at v-mod.com.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
There are other posts on this subject, russ, but I like the HD Touring shield with Memphis shades lowers. Others have tried it successfully as well (mostly members of the geezer brigade, but...).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daniii-thanks for the advise, I will look in to that set-up. I was thinking Memphis Fats shield/with the lowers.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
The touring shield comes off easier. And I think it looks better, but here we go again with opinions... The lowers, though, are required to keep helmets (and glasses) from dancing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts