Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fire Investigator
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything I can do that will make my pipes laouder? Will I lose power,need another upload or any other changes to my current set up.

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
I believe the 16g's are best left alone. It would be better to get a louder alternative. I think they are pretty loud anyway (for UK use)

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
You can send em to Steve at v-mod.com, put K&N's on and either get a PC,RT or the Stage II download from the dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you taken the baffles out of the 16 gauges and tried it ? night and day difference compared to the baffles in.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My 16guage pipes set off car alarms and make my ears ring when I ride two up. They do get louder after a few thousand miles if they are new on your bike...

·
Registered
472 Posts
I put about 2,500 miles on my 16-ga and although they were a little louder, it wasn't loud enough for me.
I removed the baffles and it was waaaaay too loud.
I sent the baffles to Chopper Steve at V-Mod. They came back the perfect loudness for me.
I compared my bike next to another V-Rod (at Leesburg) with Rineharts installed.
The Rineharts were a somewhat louder, but the V-Modded 16-ga was a little deeper and throatier.
And it was inexpensive.
I ride with another V-Rod with SuperTrapps installed. They are louder than mine (about the same as the Rineharts).

I like the looks of the Rineharts and the performance of the SuperTrapps, but I like my V-Modded 16-ga the best.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
V-modded 16 Gauge :D:D:D:D:D LOve them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts