Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bugs in the teeth!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Need some advise.I installed Handy man Dan's grilled guards last year,fit well and looked great.However,rocks smashed into the right side and those cheap plastic screws broke loose!:wazzup:
So the 'chrome' plastic trim can't be re-fitted.What is the best way to fix the problem?
Thanks for any help,KB

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Did the tabs on the trim break when disengaging it to replace Dan's grill guards?
I don't see how the screws can break when rocks hit the grill. Must've been boulder rocks.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I took a bird at 45mph to my Handy Dan screen and that busted one of the plastic screws and bent the hell out of the screen. Some high temp hot glue has been holding both in place for nearly two years now.

·
Bugs in the teeth!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi harleynurse,all,

Did the tabs on the trim break when disengaging it to replace Dan's grill guards?
I don't see how the screws can break when rocks hit the grill. Must've been boulder rocks.
The screws are cheap plastic,you could look at them and they would break!:D
Tabs are still on and if can tape&die them,then new screws,....

Thanks for your reply,KB

·
Bugs in the teeth!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi AOW,all,

I took a bird at 45mph to my Handy Dan screen and that busted one of the plastic screws and bent the hell out of the screen. Some high temp hot glue has been holding both in place for nearly two years now.
The roads around here are terrible,my only guess is that a chunk of asphalt/rock caught under a cars rear tire and sent it right at the grill guard.
Thanks for the tip about the hot glue!Might use this:

http://jbweld.net/products/jbweld.php

Hell,those grill guard keep rocks and leaves(which are falling soon in N.E.) out of radiator. So,I'll flatten it out and repaint it and reinstall.

Thanks again!

KB
:biker:

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
If I am not mistaken Dan will replace that 1 for you at no charge?

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Yeah I understand what you mean.....

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Hi Luv,all,:D

Dan already told me he would,.....one of the good guys!
The old fart would like fix-e himself,just got find my rubber mallet!:bash:

KB
KB,

You state it correctly on using the guards to keep all the junk out from around here. Who needs Fall? There seems to always be crap all over the roads year round and more than likely some of it will end up in your radiator shroud given time.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
LOL worth there weight in gold on a dirt and gravel road! Due to be paved in the spring though...and I can't wait it's 3/4 of a mile to the hardpack and slick as owl shit when it rains! :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts