Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Has anyone owned and or near both the HD accessory Screaming Eagle slip-on exhaust and the Vance & Hines Powershot slip-one? I’m curious how they compare in sound... is one significantly louder/quieter than the other? 2003 VRSCA.

Thanks much,
-John

·
Registered
308 Posts
I V-modded a set of extra stock ones for my 06 D.. good stage 1 upgrade I Like it.
Just tossing in That option

Vmod1 pipes-K&n, Topless -
Using the Powervision "screaming eagle" tune - pretty good match.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I actually have an 05 VRSCA. I have both exhaust, and have run both of them. Yes I had them tuned with a power commander tuner and in my personal opinion the V&H have a deeper more throaty sound.

The screaming eagles were nice but lacked that head turning appeal in my eyes. The V&H look nicer too. In my personal opinion.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually have an 05 VRSCA. I have both exhaust, and have run both of them. Yes I had them tuned with a power commander tuner and in my personal opinion the V&H have a deeper more throaty sound.

The screaming eagles were nice but lacked that head turning appeal in my eyes. The V&H look nicer too. In my personal opinion.
Thanks Nick, that’s very helpful information!

-John

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is something I literally have just done. I own an 08 nightrod special and hated the original cannons it came with. So I opted to start the endless game of slip on options. I finally had enough and since I’m a mechanic in real life I designed my own slip on’s. Didn’t want the 3rd chamber anymore so a good friend of mine and previous boss, let me come in to his muffler shop and make my own 3rd chamber delete. Yep sounded mean but really loud and I couldn’t get the back pressure I wanted. So I took a set of Vance and Hines I got off of eBay and installed those. The 16 g “slip on”. Only after they arrived did I discover that the removable baffles had been taken out. FYI I had to contact Vance and Hines to learn this, that is a discontinued line and baffles had to be bought from them. I got the part number and searched but no luck. They said they only had 1 choice for baffles. Nope I wasn’t going this far to be forced into settling. So I looked up the specs and design for them and made my own with the help of my muffler shop pipe and bending equipment. I installed it all last night at my work. Along with a custom fabricated mounting bracket. Final end result is I should have done this in the beginning. I love the sound and it’s got a nice deep “Harley sound” down low but get it above 3500-4000 rpm and it literally sounds like it growls. If you can do it I would, just make sure you have a good fuel tuner and a lot of time, and some fabricating experience, a welder and no small children or easily offended people around. Lots of cuss words where used in my build last night. Good luck and I’ll post picks of the end result after I wrap them.

·
2003VRSA, 2003FLHRCI
69 Posts
Hello all,
Has anyone owned and or near both the HD accessory Screaming Eagle slip-on exhaust and the Vance & Hines Powershot slip-one? I’m curious how they compare in sound... is one significantly louder/quieter than the other? 2003 VRSCA.

Thanks much,
-John
Ive got the SE exhaust. IMO they are very quiet. I actually hear the engine sounds more than the exhaust. If you’ve never heard them i can let you listen over the phone or video call. I’m switching to Danmoto. If i dont like DM ill switch back. If i like the DM ill sell the SE. They are very large as you can see in the pics. My system does not have any scratches, dents or other markings, just in case someone is interested.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is something I literally have just done. I own an 08 nightrod special and hated the original cannons it came with. So I opted to start the endless game of slip on options. I finally had enough and since I’m a mechanic in real life I designed my own slip on’s. Didn’t want the 3rd chamber anymore so a good friend of mine and previous boss, let me come in to his muffler shop and make my own 3rd chamber delete. Yep sounded mean but really loud and I couldn’t get the back pressure I wanted. So I took a set of Vance and Hines I got off of eBay and installed those. The 16 g “slip on”. Only after they arrived did I discover that the removable baffles had been taken out. FYI I had to contact Vance and Hines to learn this, that is a discontinued line and baffles had to be bought from them. I got the part number and searched but no luck. They said they only had 1 choice for baffles. Nope I wasn’t going this far to be forced into settling. So I looked up the specs and design for them and made my own with the help of my muffler shop pipe and bending equipment. I installed it all last night at my work. Along with a custom fabricated mounting bracket. Final end result is I should have done this in the beginning. I love the sound and it’s got a nice deep “Harley sound” down low but get it above 3500-4000 rpm and it literally sounds like it growls. If you can do it I would, just make sure you have a good fuel tuner and a lot of time, and some fabricating experience, a welder and no small children or easily offended people around. Lots of cuss words where used in my build last night. Good luck and I’ll post picks of the end result after I wrap them.
Thanks for the input! Just so I am understanding correctly, you are running the V&H slip-on’s and fabricated your own baffles to fit them and you are happy with the end result/sound?

Thanks,
-John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts