Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I dont think so. My friend is looking to put some on his NightRod. He seems to think they were discontinued for EPA reasons. Just on th V Rods. He has found some new and used on the Bay.
Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Yes they will. Look to the classified section for SE exhaust. I have seen both the types for sale these past few days, the 16 gauge and slip-on's.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
there are more out there than some ppl believe to be out there.. keep a look out.. i am sure you can find some for a reasonable price

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Are SE exhaust systems for the VRSCAW still available or are they now n.o.s.

Regards
If you want the ones that are shaped like the stock pipes then just drill the 1/2" holes in them and put the end caps on. Same thing in my opinion.

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
the reason i asking is a noise laws are quite strict over here some guys at moment where i live are gettin stickerd for there pipes being to loud then to get sticker off or road worthy again basically have to go back to stock. now mine have been modded with inside baffle ripped out which does not pass road worthy test, the ??? i ask IYO would you have to mod the screaming eagle pipe or does it have a nice v twin sound you wouln't want to touch, If you know what i mean

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
I have the SE pipes on both of my vrods (03 annodized and 07 vrscx) and in my opinion the sound has the vtwin sound only at a faster rpm. I haven't modded the exhaust in any way and haven't had any complaints regarding the sound. I'm not a believer in loud pipes just quality and performance.

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
thanks for reply, im just looking for something abit more than the sufficating stock noise and SE pipe might be way to go might

·
Life's good
677 Posts
I have a set of the discontinued SE pipes. There are painted flat black with high heat spray paint. Shoot me a pm, if you are interested.

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
Are SE exhaust systems for the VRSCAW still available or are they now n.o.s.

Regards
Which SE exhaust are you asking about? The ones that look like stock or the 16ga? The SE exhaust that looks like the stock exhaust pipes are somewhat difficult to find as NOS in the states, but every now and then a set can be found on ebay. Same with the SE 16ga, but V&H has their own version of the 16ga pipes on the market.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the reply, trying to locate the SE pipes that look like stock but finding them rarer than rocking horse ****. Ill just have to be patient

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Yea my SE shotgun pipes aren't too loud. They are fine if you just leave them alone & don't mod them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My SE slipons have no baffles...that shit is "LOUD"...as in it makes your ears ring....I love it...

·
Free Wheelin'
241 Posts
Yea my SE shotgun pipes aren't too loud. They are fine if you just leave them alone & don't mod them.
They're actually pretty quiet with the baffles in. With the baffles out, they will set off car alarms, the bike will run lean, and will generally be obnoxious all around.

I wanted something in between, so I modified my baffles. I took the entire baffle out, except for the end cap, which I bolted/welded in place. The bike sounds BITCHIN', not really deep like the v-modded stock pipes, but with a growl like a Z28 Camaro. And there's still enough back pressure to not screw up the EFI (I have an SE map on the stock ECU).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts