Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Irish
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I've just bought a set of S.E. power shots off ebay for my '05A and am now wondering about further kit I'll need to purchase to get the set up right ,as in power commander?,K&N filter?.....
Do I need to get a download from HD? Completely in the dark about setting this up but I am fairly mechanical and hope to do it myself,is this advisable and probable,thanks for looking..Bren

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
bpmdnb said:
Hi,I've just bought a set of S.E. power shots off ebay for my '05A and am now wondering about further kit I'll need to purchase to get the set up right ,as in power commander?,K&N filter?.....
Do I need to get a download from HD? Completely in the dark about setting this up but I am fairly mechanical and hope to do it myself,is this advisable and probable,thanks for looking..Bren
Powershots are V&H, 16GA are Harley pipes. If it's the Harley pipe then get the flash from the dealer. If it's the Powershots pick up a TFI Techlusion.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Check the heat shield mounting straps (hose clamps). I've broken several mounts on the same pipes. There have been many issues with them. I rode for about 6 months with no heat shields at all, until I found a set for sale cheap.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
For the 16 guage double barrel SE-II pipes, like MJW says, the dealer flash is the way to go, and will be cheaper than any of the various boxes. Yes, you should go with a high flow filter, be it Amsoil, K & N, or Screamin' Eagle. I ran those pipes for 20,000 miles, great performance and fuel mileage near 50 mpg.

·
Irish
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks roder......ching ching theres your $100.

Not quite sure what you mean Ziggy re; hose clamps - mounts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts