Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the dealer earlier getting some grip glue since I just put new bars on this weekend and was looking over an 06 screaming eagle edition bike. I noticed the headlight bracket has a built in visor. Not big but I really liked the looks of it. Was they only on that perticular bike or on different models? Trying to find one for my AW :)

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
I was in the dealer earlier getting some grip glue since I just put new bars on this weekend and was looking over an 06 screaming eagle edition bike. I noticed the headlight bracket has a built in visor. Not big but I really liked the looks of it. Was they only on that perticular bike or on different models? Trying to find one for my AW :)
That headlight bracket was also used on the 05 VRSCSE and it’s offered as the 69772-04 accessory. It may not fit on the late model VRSCAW because the triple tree rake was changed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I found one on v-mod and wasnt sure if it was the same thing or not. Looks alot better in person. Glad you brought up the difference though... Knowing my luck if I order it, it'll be way different :(

Anyone know if it is in fact different?

·
Tim
564 Posts
It fits. I installed one on my 07 AW.

-Tim

That headlight bracket was also used on the 05 VRSCSE and it’s offered as the 69772-04 accessory. It may not fit on the late model VRSCAW because the triple tree rake was changed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It fits. I installed one on my 07 AW.

-Tim
Pics? I've been eye'ing this headlight for a while now and until this weekend, haven't seen a scream eagle V in person. Now that I did see it, I want one even more.

Please, any pics of this on your AW would be hugely appreciated. Do you use your stock headlight with this too? Did you have to change anything with your clamshell, or was this a mere bolt-on and go with no mods necessary?

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Bolts right up. I was just looking at one yesterday. Stock headlight, clamshell is untouched. Remove stock headlight bracket, replace with S/E bracket. They make a chrome headlight bucket that goes with it, but not included. Most folks use the stock one. Go for it! Joe

·
Never too late!
74 Posts
It fits

I have the SE headlight housing on my 08 DX with a "A" model headlight. What I do not have are the two clamps that wrap around the forks and screw into the backside of the SE housing. They are $17 each from HD . . . and since my headlight doesn't shake at night, I'm going to do without them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the SE headlight housing on my 08 DX with a "A" model headlight. What I do not have are the two clamps that wrap around the forks and screw into the backside of the SE housing. They are $17 each from HD . . . and since my headlight doesn't shake at night, I'm going to do without them.
Any pics you care to share?

...well, I took the plunge and ordered the SE Bracket just a few hours back. They're on backorder until Aug.27th, and my dealer tells me they'll most likely get it within a week after the 27th. Here's hoping. $109.95 + tax. Tick-tock-tick-tock.

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,066 Posts
I put one on my AW as well, I put a few washers behind it to get it to sit right. Can't even tell I shimmed it. Great mod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts