Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an almost bone stock '04 B Model and I am wanting to get opinions on which big bore kit to do.
Screamin Eagle 1250 Kit or Wiseco's 1320 Kit?
Thanks.

Jim

·
1,016 Posts
There's no replacement for displacement.:angeldev:

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
From what I've heard about the 1250 I wouldn't think it would be the time involved even if you could do it yourself. Go ahead and pop for nitrous or a turbo kit or do the 1320.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
The 1250 with a 1/4" or 1/8" crank will give you a 1350 or 1300 respectively. The 1320 only has 2 ring pistons where has the 1250 has 3 ring pistons, plus the stroke will give you more torque :angeldev:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Also, the se kit comes with the cost included to get the cases bored. Even with the stroked crank, you still probably come out cheaper id think.

-Josh

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
projex240 said:
Also, the se kit comes with the cost included to get the cases bored. Even with the stroked crank, you still probably come out cheaper id think.

-Josh
This is true!
I wouldnt let the 2 ring thing slow ya down. Racers have been using 2 rings forever with NO negative results. 50% less resistance.:notworth:

·
Registered
156 Posts
im no good at math but isnt 1 less than 3 = 33.333%? :hidesbeh:

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Justboo said:
im no good at math but isnt 1 less than 3 = 33.333%? :hidesbeh:
Yes, but did you add the conversion factor for the metric motor :deal: :angeldev:

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
2 rings x 150% = 3 rings

I think that's where he was going.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
So two rings has 33% less resistance than 3 rings, but 3 rings has 50% more resistance than two...

;)

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
brentley said:
So two rings has 33% less resistance than 3 rings, but 3 rings has 50% more resistance than two...

;)
'zactly.

·
The Hawk
3,892 Posts
Plus, the third ring only has about half the resistance of the other two on the three ring setup while the 2 ring piston has the number one ring plus the number 3 ring, so...............oh nevermind.

Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
mathamatics on linear planes

The ring question depends on the formula structure could be 50% could be 50% If you carrastress the larrasen and provide a dual congestial stringent it comes out to be the same. no big deal.

·
RICK
648 Posts
MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY TO GET DYNO FIGURES ON BOTH 1250 AND 1320 SET UPS. i WOULD RECOMEND THE 1320 BECAUSE SIZE DOES MATTER! HOWEVER, EXPENSE IS ANOTHER ISSUE. MAYBE WE COULD GET HP COMPARISONS BETWEEN THE TWO. I'M SURE THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM WITH 1250'S AND 1320'S .?.?

I HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH 1320 RINGS. HOWEVER MANY YOU GUYS COUNT!

·
LIVE FULL THROTTLE
1,385 Posts
Fusion,(I Mean "DIVA") nice name by the way.....take it to Eagle...they will take care of you....:kiss:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts