Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put in them with a screamin eagle tuner and tab pipes...is it worth it without cams or will i show little improvement without them

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you are having trouble with your bike running rough between 3-4rpm's, I have a powercommander V with Auto Tune and was having so many issues between 3-4 grand. I wear a full faced helmet and you could really hear like unburnt fuel and allot of popping and hesitation. So I bought new Destroyer injectors and the 58mm throttle body, after install I let the auto tune do its thing after zeroing out the base map, and now the bike couldn't run any better, I could not believe the smoothness of the bike it was like riding someone else’s bike. Now I will caution you after you install these mods that you will have to set the idle because the destroyer runs at around 2000 rpm, also you will have to zero out the base map if you have PCV w/auto tune. It will run rich for a bit while the Auto tune adjusts. Now I'm no expert on fuel patterns that come out of injectors but I am betting that is what it is from the stock injectors to the Destroyer. The Destroyer injectors have 6 holes instead of 4.

Now I really enjoy riding the bike just because I don't have to put up with the hesitation between 3-4 grand like before. My next mod is Screaming Eagle cams, I know everybody I will not make any more horsepower with just changing out the Throttle body and Injectors until I change these cams. Just got to get Household 6 to sign off on $500 for cams. and shim kit. Let me know if anyone else has experienced the same.

My wife has a AW 08 model and I retro fitted the PCV w/Autotune on hers and it runs with no hesitation between 3-4, bike runs smooth. I think it is a fuel injector issue only in the muscles, a buddy of mine is about to buy a 2011 model and he is going to get PCV w/Autotune and I will see if Harley fixed this issue.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Save your money...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts