Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. I have a couple serious scratches on triple trees in the polished aluminum on my 2010 f in Black denim. Any recommended compound for getting them out?

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
if you can feel them with a finger nail will have to be sanded down then polished back, will have to sand a fairly large area to avoid a dip in the aluminum, alot of work, I've used mother's mag and aluminum polish on mine for regular polishing and minor scratches

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
The triple trees aluminum is soft and easy to scratch and hard to keep shined. If it were me I would go up to your hardware store and get some sandpaper at # 400 ,# 600 ,# 800 ,# 1000 ,# 1500 ,# 2000. Tape or mask off all that you are not working on you don't need to do the hole thing. And you don't want to make new Scratches. Start with the 400 and work the hole area till the scar is gone. If its really deep maybe start with #320 Go in one direction and make a grin in the aluminum work it smooth no flat spots or gouges. Used a rubber hand sanding block if you can. Once you think you have it then start wet sanding it with the 400 then 600 ,800 ,1000 ,1500 take it down to the 2000 till the only scratches you see is from the 2000 paper. Then go for your Mother's. By the time your done you won't see that anything was done.:ithappen:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys.. I have a couple serious scratches on triple trees in the polished aluminum on my 2010 f in Black denim. Any recommended compound for getting them out?
I just gave up on it myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts