Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you lean so much in turns that you scrape the pegs?

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
yes

·
Dragger o' Pegs
3,461 Posts
How bout so much that the pegs lift up and lift my feet up too!!! Betcha can't guess how I got my username!!! I leave the rubber stock pegs on because they get ground down to V's from draggin on the pavement!!

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
All the time. My bike's lowered 1.5" and I drag them often. The heels of my boots are ground at an angle from it too.

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
Pondo said:
All the time. My bike's lowered 1.5" and I drag them often. The heels of my boots are ground at an angle from it too.

My heals are also being ground down....and the thing that sucks will be when I go back to my resource adviser (guy who owns the SQ money-USAF) and get another new pair of boots in 6 months...even though the pair I have now are just about 1 month old:D

·
onequickvrod
202 Posts
i run my shocks on 5 and the bike is at stock height i left the rubber pegs on the front so i don't mess up the nice chrome rear pegs here in wv we got lots of roads to drag just about anything, the rubber pegs are into the metal stud that holds the rubber on and its ground on an angle as well just hate looking at my ground down rineharts thats the sucky part use all of my 200 metz except the last 1/8th of an inch on the sides i only weigh 140 but if i soften the shocks up anymore i can't go around a turn without dragging something

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
pretty well every time I go out. Boot heals first, then supertrapp bracket. That is mostly gone now, so the pegs lift up once again. Gotten worse since lowering, but I have ground off enough metal so that it seems like it was when stock.

I had a yamaha venture a few years back and that poor thing showered sparks constantly on the twisties. It looked pretty cool from behind, I was told. The trick was how long you could make it scrape. I only scraped my ninja a few times, it had serious lean angle. So fun!

·
Registered
479 Posts
i scrape my dx all the time, get it over far enough on the right to scrape the radiator cover trim and the exhaust

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Yeah, sometimes :banghead:

·
Out to Lunch
801 Posts
Yep, all the time. It hurt (emotionally) the first time I tagged the radiator cover and exhaust but not so much now. I try to avoid hitting the harder parts now for fear of taking the load off the tire and unbalancing the bike.

·
Subluxation Free
172 Posts
I've done it on every other bike I've owned, but not my "R" yet!

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Nope, scrape my boots on occassion tho. Love the twisties but at my speeds I guess I don't need to get that low :)

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Yup, Stock Shocks on "5" I do it quite often actually. Why does the Work horse you ride now scrape its Floor Boards?

·
Check that P clamp!
686 Posts
Both front pegs scrape pretty often when riding solo.
When riding with a passenger once in a while I even scrape the muffler/hanger or the kickstand if I really open the throttle on the way out of a curve. There is a particular corner near my house that's a perfect recipe for throwing sparks like that if I don't take it easy.

I dropped my fork tubes so the tops are flush with the triple tree and raised my shocks to the stiffest setting to get a little more clearance, but I just lean over farther now :)

·
Ex Night Rodder
152 Posts
Drag in the corners? Oh yeah. I managed to ground the head off of the bottom small heat shield bolt two different times. Scratched up the bottom exhaust heat shield pretty good. Gave up trying to keep the lower radiator shrouds nice. Curb feelers on the bottom of the pegs are ground down pretty much too. Several months ago I laid the bike down trying to avoid a car so that slowed me down a bit. Trying to get my mojo back again, that stuff was too much fun! I wonder if anyone makes TITANIUM peg feelers? WOOO bright white sparks!!

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
I drag the rad shroud first on the left and my CFR on the right. Depending on the turn and speed I drag a peg/shroud/pipe on the right and shroud and peg on left.

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Every now and again.

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
Pretty often here too.. but I have big feets and I usually feel my leg kick back first.

I always have this memory coming back to me when that happens...

I was about 13 and standing on the side of the road watching a stage of tour de france... They have all sorts of media and assistance following on motorcylcles. Taking a right turn on a street, this guy whith a cameraman in the back leans the bike and the peg just planted in the hot ashpalt, stopping the bike dead in it's tracks...

The bike just spun around the peg real hard and the guys were thrown off the bike pretty far away. No serious injuries, but it was a sight

1 - 20 of 68 Posts