Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a plan to visit Canada in the last week of October for 2 weeks, Have some questions to ask

-Would the weather be suitable on that time for riding ?
-Do you recommend a special place to rent a touring bike from & what the average rate that I would expect?
-Any specific scenic routes & a must see that you recommend?

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Think you might need to narrow down where you are visiting, Canada is a bit large for everyone to speak up about

·
Registered
51 Posts
Harley Toronto closed down so I think the next closest area to rent from is Oshawa Mackie Harely (they just started renting).

In October it might be a bit 'brisk' ... sometimes we can ride till Jan with jackets, while other times we get snow, hard to say for sure if you'll get a chance to ride

There's lots of ways to venture, there are city riders which i'm sure can share the hot spots (saw a post about college street, not sure if there's a spot or just cruise the street). Northward there's a lot of steady rides with nothing but country side to see and small town grease spoons to eat at

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
College st is not a riding street ... It's a sit on a patio and stare at women street

Heh

·
Registered
59 Posts
To my knowledge there aren't a ton of scenic routes around the GTA. You can get a few isolated fun roads here and there like Side Road 15 up on Trafalgar Rd., and Snake Road down by Waterdown.

From what I know, the best riding it at least 1-3 hours out of the city. You can head up towards Scugog. If you go east on the 401, there's the Thousand Islands out in Prince Edward County.

It's quite far, but my personal favourite to-date is Calabogie Rd and the Lanark Highlands. I went to Ottawa for Canada Day over the weekend and rode this way home: http://goo.gl/maps/CK4P

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mike, would there be any other place that can rent other touring bike not necessarily a Harley ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I only really know of Mackie H-D that rents out of Whitby. One suggestion I'd have is to jump on GTAMotorcycle.ca, which is a Greater Toronto Area motorcycle forum, and maybe pose the question there (or just do a search for rentals).

Btw, I actually rode up to the Scugog/Port Perry area today - it is actually quite scenic.

Good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I only really know of Mackie H-D that rents out of Whitby. One suggestion I'd have is to jump on GTAMotorcycle.ca, which is a Greater Toronto Area motorcycle forum, and maybe pose the question there (or just do a search for rentals).

Btw, I actually rode up to the Scugog/Port Perry area today - it is actually quite scenic.

Good luck!
Next time you travel up to the port perry area let me know, i'd join for a ride. I'm not far

1 - 10 of 10 Posts