Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropping by this section to give my offical "hello" to everyone. I've already been posting a few times, and figured I better introduce myself formal like ;)

Aside from riding a 1982 GS-1100 for about 3 months back in 1993, I never had a motorcyle. I saw the V-rod in a Motorcycle world magazine back in late 2001, and said "WOW, now there's a Harley I'd love to own someday"

Well, last year, on July 1st, I decided it was time to get on with the someday and make it happen. I picked up the V-rod on July 8th, having not ridden for almost 10 full years... Man was I nervous as I got on that shiney new bike in the HD dealer parking lot. All I could think was I was going to drop my brand new baby before I even got it out on the street.

Slowly, ever so gently, I brought out the clutch for the 1st time with 1st gear engaged. Excitement built in by head and a sudden rush of adrenaline began to cloud my vision... "Whoa! easy does it!" I thought to myself, "Just let it start rolling."

I spent about an hour riding the "Rider's Edge" course in the dealer's back lot and soon my nervousness turned into joy as I began working my way up through the gears, going faster and faster on each pass around the lot.

It wasn't long before the confines of the parking lot started to really show how eager my baby was to stretch her legs and get into a nice run, and I could almost feel myself fighting to keep her reigned in. But she was determined and it was like she was telling me, "come on.. I'll show you.. it will be OK."

Out to the edge of the lot we went. For a moment, I could only stare as car after car, and big-rig after rig went screaming by nearing 50 MPH. "OK baby, Let's do this right," I said. I saw an opening in the traffic, and let the front wheel ease out onto the hot summer pavement... before I knew it, I was riding... I was moving and everything was great...

It's 5500 miles later and I have loved every one... Man, do I love that V-Rod!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum DCLittlejohn, and thanks for sharing your story.

Max

·
Registered
257 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Hey DCLittlejohn, welcome and thanks for sharing your story. I hope your adrenaline rush never goes away! Riding is such a tremendous release for me, even if it's just up to the corner store. I hope I never lose that feeling.....

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
:kaz: :kaz: Welcome good story.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Sign in at the New England Registry. Maybe we can get an all V-ROD group together for a ride this summer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome!

:vrodforu: :laugh: :biker: fredfryguy

·
Registered
696 Posts
Welcome to the forum
:vrodforu:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts