Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just read that harley will drop the night rod. this cant be so. this must be a false salacious rumor.!!!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
I heard that too! Harley will stop making Night Rods in 2008 as well as discontinuing the Sportster and Road King lines. This will free up production capacity for the new H-D lawn tractors. Watch your back, John Deere!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
I heard that too! Harley will stop making Night Rods in 2008 as well as discontinuing the Sportster and Road King lines. This will free up production capacity for the new H-D lawn tractors. Watch your back, John Deere!
:rofl:

·
fire up !
700 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
just read that harley will drop the night rod. this cant be so. this must be a false salacious rumor.!!!
partly true, checked the European HD-websites... actually there won't be any 08 D's coming to Europe ... only 2 models will make it (AW & DX) so there must be a fairly big production cut-back, wonder if the D will make '09 ?
grtz

·
V-Hog Virgin
139 Posts
Hope not as the 08 D looks awesome! IMO it's far better then the DX and plan on buying a used 08 D in 2009. At least that's the plan as of now! "Failure to plan IS planning to fail" LOL

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
Matte220 said:
Hope not as the 08 D looks awesome! IMO it's far better then the DX and plan on buying a used 08 D in 2009. At least that's the plan as of now! "Failure to plan IS planning to fail" LOL

I agree...that flat burgundy is beautiful! I am so glad I bought my D when I did considering they don't offer my color anymore and the 07 and 08 frames would have been too wide for me.

·
OLD FART
1,639 Posts
It cost to much for the v-rod motors so there will be a briggs&straton motor on the 08 d model.I would guess a 10hp.Now on to the next rumor.The d model is the best selling v-rod last year so I don't think it will go away.

·
Registered
68 Posts
dx out

was just at a Harley board meeting.Lots of new things shaking up on the board.First ,the cd is history for 09.New in the line will be a lightweight 750 watercoled.bert lawwill special.Next will be the road king replacement,Called a border jumper.Made in Mexico..For those who only buy USA products a sams club special,NASCAR #8 125 cc earnhart zepher only 100 will be made.But wait theres more.Youll get 100 red easter chicks if you act now.Send cash,check,money order to the dumpster special,in lovely guam island.Thanks and we appreciate your bussiness.meeting adjourned..:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
it isnt so

Relax. Harley isn't dropping the nightrod. They are dropping other models though, see their website. BTW, it isn't so.:stooge:

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
The Night Rod will be replaced in 09 with the Sunshine Rod.

The Night Rod Special will be replaced with the Happy Special People Rod.

The Moco has decided to turn over a new leaf and support the Happy-Happy Joy-Joy Movement.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Seriously though....

The Night Rod has indeed been dropped from the UK line up....

·
Registered
14 Posts
No matter what the rumor mill churns out and wether it's true or not on the other side of the pond or here in the States, what REALLY MATTERs the MOST is that we got ours, brothers and sisters. Can I get a AMEN !!

The way I see it, if they do drop the Night Rod (as long as there are parts and an aftermarket network) , it makes the existing Night Rods more exclusive and uncommon. Good thing if you don't want to fit in a herd. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a friend who is a salesman at a Harley Dealer. He gave me an "advance" copy of the 08 lineup and I'm happy to say the Nightrod is still available. 240 tire and a bigger motor to boot. 125HP advertised. They did drop the Streetrod though.

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
kimmer71 said:
I have a friend who is a salesman at a Harley Dealer. He gave me an "advance" copy of the 08 lineup and I'm happy to say the Nightrod is still available. 240 tire and a bigger motor to boot. 125HP advertised. They did drop the Streetrod though.
:wazzup:

The D's still have a 180

1 - 18 of 18 Posts