Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since they are going out of business I made a detour over there to see what tools I could buy from them. What struck me is the shop has a really weird atmosphere. Has anyone else been in that shop and noticed this? I can almost see why it's going out of business. The place has this weird kind of new age vibe like some commune in Roswell, LOL, that I could see driving off a Harley traditionalist very easily. The guys I know at work who ride baggers and lowered customs, most of these guys ( and one in particular named Buzz ) I could picture walking into the place, looking around for a while and walking out swearing they would never set foot in the place again. Lots of younger people around, but none seemed to have a lot of money, just a bunch of hangers on. The music they were playing I had never heard, or at least I don't think so. I could not identify it while in the showroom, it was way out there stuff, the kind of music most would have to work at to like. Not electronica or acid jazz, I wasn't sure what it was except it seemed to be on some local radio station, or maybe XM or Sirius. It took me all the way up 101 past King City, chewing on it some more to come to the conclusion the music sounded a lot like Frank Zappa's instrumental stuff on "Jazz from Hell" and"'Shut up and Play ur Guitar".
Anyway, the owner is selling the shop tools for more than list price because, as he says, you can't get them otherwise unless you have a friend. He didn't have time to show me what was available, too busy with other things he said. I'm e-mailing him my list and we'll see what's left over. Bikes are $3 grand under MSRP. I'll try back in mid September and see what the tune is then.
Anyway, the whole atmosphere of the place was well outside the comfort zone of most HD riders I know, kinda challenging you to like them, and it's going out of business does not surprise me in the least. I wish I lived closer because the building is just about the right size to be intimate like an old time traditional motorcycle dealership rather than the impersonal modern day moto-wal-mart and I still think the place could be a successful dealership with better management and a more welcoming atmosphere.

·
Registered
123 Posts
happens there going out so they do not care if you come back.

Sucks to loose your business trust me I have been there. The music well must have been some teenage girl with the radio controls. LOL Did they have a 2011 vrod muscle.:moped:

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Have anything for vrods??

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
happens there going out so they do not care if you come back.

Sucks to loose your business trust me I have been there. The music well must have been some teenage girl with the radio controls. LOL Did they have a 2011 vrod muscle.:moped:
I saw two Muscles on the floor.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that shop on the east side of the 101 just south of Santa Barbara ? Ed...
Yup. More like Carpenteria but they call it Santa Barbara HD.

Interesting building, but I think they probably didn't capture the traditional HD crowd, or their money. I still think the location would work if they could get the right customers to return and spend their money instead of them patronizing the several independent shops in the area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts