Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please ALL....Ride with your HIGH BEAMS on always during the day!! There are studies that say you are 700% more visible. It should be something you ALWAYS do. :2cents:

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
I do!

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. I always forget to put it in high beam.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Saw a couple of brand-new Yamahas yesterday. They got my attention from a half-mile away with their headlight modulators. It was a kind I haven't seen before, very bright then very low and relatively slow pulse, and with them side by side and pretty much in synch, i thought it was a funeral approaching in a pack of traffic. Very effective.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,437 Posts
Thanks for the reminder Rick.. I drove with them on for the longest time and haven't been using them for the last few months.. Time to get back into safe mode... :angelwin:

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
Kamots881 said:
I forget the opposite, turning off the high beam at dusk/night.
Me too! I get so used to seeing the high beam indicator, I "forget" it is on!
See me, hear me, know I am here. A CFR and high beams do the trick!:D

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
This is actually one of the few things I remember to do, I still occasionally attempt to start the bike in gear, But the blue light is always on during the day, and off at night. Both are the same wattage anyway.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
jasonsargo said:
Saw a couple of brand-new Yamahas yesterday. They got my attention from a half-mile away with their headlight modulators. It was a kind I haven't seen before, very bright then very low and relatively slow pulse, and with them side by side and pretty much in synch, i thought it was a funeral approaching in a pack of traffic. Very effective.
Around here, studies have shown that this type of high/low flashing attracts deere. Honda Goldwings use to come factory this way, but not anymore. As far as high beams, mine sux absolutely useless. I plan on changing to the bullet style headlamp as soon as the price drops alittle.:broke:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts