Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey V Rodders,

need some info: I have these bags but need locks or keys but there is no lock number. First thing would be to get a part number for the bags or a name or of course, lock set part number. Any advice?

Same bags but not my bike. Mine is an 06 VRSCA.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey V Rodders,

need some info: I have these bags but need locks or keys but there is no lock number. First thing would be to get a part number for the bags or a name or of course, lock set part number. Any advice?
View attachment 606160

Same bags but not my bike. Mine is an 06 VRSCA.
Key cylinder part number is 91482-01.ol luck so far with finding replacements. Although i can say i have spare keys made at my locksmiths and the only blank that has been found that they have is a honda blank it’s just a little wider which they grind down, then cut the key. Works like a charm. I have yet to meet a locksmith that has any knowledge of the cylinders, or where to acquire more. That’s all i have so far on keys, ive posted a video and instructions for replacing broken gas struts, and I’m the dumb kid in this class. I wish some of the OG’s with the engineering and garage experience were still around.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Key cylinder part number is 91482-01.ol luck so far with finding replacements. Although i can say i have spare keys made at my locksmiths and the only blank that has been found that they have is a honda blank it’s just a little wider which they grind down, then cut the key. Works like a charm. I have yet to meet a locksmith that has any knowledge of the cylinders, or where to acquire more. That’s all i have so far on keys, ive posted a video and instructions for replacing broken gas struts, and I’m the dumb kid in this class. I wish some of the OG’s with the engineering and garage experience were still around.
Thanks dude. Now that was actually very helpful. You pointed me in the right direction. Thanks

·
Passion required.
266 Posts
Thanks dude. Now that was actually very helpful. You pointed me in the right direction. Thanks
Please post if you have any luck finding a working SB key. I have the same problem.

·
Back in Black
2,577 Posts
Can you disassemble the lock cylinder? if so you may could remove the tumblers get a blank key. will not be real secure but a thief would have to have the correct key blank or key specific to lock it. chances are slim

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry for the delay. I’m just getting back here. I’ll send pics of my oem and the Honda one they use to cu spares on later this morning.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts