Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed their factory seat for a aftermarket one? Whats out there & pics please?

·
Back in Black
212 Posts
Sundowner

I've got the HD sundowner seat on mine. Much more comfortable on long
rides and better lower back support.

Pics in my gallery.

·
It's a way of life
169 Posts
Do a thread search and you will get some idea of the seats people use, I have the sundowner and it's great.

·
Not from 'round here
1,632 Posts
nightroddrew said:
rides and better lower back support. Pics in my gallery.
:them: Same here, I like the sundowner, should have came with it! looks good and feels great...Oh, pics in my gallery too

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
IMO the stock seat is about as comfy as Ive seen for stocker....no need to swap out for me!....

you saw this alot more on PRE wide frame Vs(02-06) do to the thinner seats on those years....while the new 07/08 wide frame seats are wider and therefor more comfy on long hauls..

only change I made was added a AW pillion for the lower profile look.

Dan

·
Registered
488 Posts
I hear great things about the sundowner seat, for me though the stock seat is fine.

·
Banned
579 Posts
I love the sundowner seat, however I plan to had some cushion to my stock and see how it works.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I also have the Sundowner on my DX. The stock seat looks great and is perfect for short rides. I discovered the lack of lower back support and horrible angle that it puts my back at during a 5 hour ride and knew that I needed a different seat for the long hauls. I looked around but didn't find anything that IMO would look good on the DX. The Sundowner has a good shape and looks and is very comfy(I had a chance to ride a friends V with it). Plus I only needed one seat cause I don't ride any passengers(gf has her own bike). Like others there are some pics in my gallery of the Sundowner with the factory passenger seat. I need to get some new pics in there, I just put on the Jug Huggers and I am being lazy.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Too much padding.....

I always thought the stocker seat had way too much padding. I went minimalist and couldn't be happier.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
rjrivero said:
I always thought the stocker seat had way too much padding. I went minimalist and couldn't be happier.
RJ I like your agoura the more I look at it, I wish they were still in business.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
VRSCDX seat from Zanotti. Less than 200 for the seat and pillion. Blows away the stocker that killed my arese..... :D

52394-07 VRSCDX SEAT 109.2
52401-07 VRSCDX PILLION 66.3

when you get this you are going to know why the stocker sucks....less than 200 is a steal :D

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Sundowner with custom skins

You were looking for pix. Here's a Sundowner with custom skins and a gel pad installed. Rides great.

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
spinedoc said:
RJ I like your agoura the more I look at it, I wish they were still in business.
Rita still checks the forum from time to time. She suggested she was considering going back into the seat buisness.

·
1 Person Biker Gang
287 Posts
I got the Sundower last week . I rode with it last weekend and I was well pleased with the improvement over the stock seat. My two lower disc in my back are bulging and I need help and found it in this seat.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I am one of the few who didnt think the sundowner was worth a plug nickel. For me, I took the stock seat and re foamed it. Beats the sundowner hands down for me and it was only $75. Ill play with gel packs and such maybe different coverings. But my ideal seat will be the one the DX was advertised with then cruelly taken away from me...The Willie G seat.
( Imagine how bad it will suck with all my willie g hype that when i put the seat on the dx it was to totally blow, keep the karma demons close I always say)

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
I like the DX seat, although I havent done anything other than sit on it at the dealers. Im used to riding a couple hundred miles on the CFR, you really have to be a trooper (especially the wife).

I'm also not a big fan of gel pads, they seem to stiffen the seat up and makes me sore much sooner. I think I'll bring my stock DX seat to a local upholsterer who does good work and let him shave it down and back a bit and throw some memory foam in there.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
nightroddrew said:
rides and better lower back support.

Pics in my gallery.
:them:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts