Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day everyone.

How about posting shots of your saddle bags, supports, luggage pacs etc? (Preferably not 50 shots of the Chrome top HD hard bags!)

We could discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each type, supplier, price, part number etc etc. This would help those of us who need to purchase saddle bags or up date their current set up.

I know we have a few Saddle bag threads currently open, but there's not much happening in relation to new info being posted, and there has to be more than one bloke with after market soft bags on their bike who can post a photo!

Comments?

Best wishes from Oz for a great Christmas every one.

Ken.

:cheers:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great Worm.
That's the sort of modification and adaption of "Off the shelf" bags etc that we need to see for ideas.
Best wishes mate.

Ken.

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is another posting about "Corbin" Saddle Bags that look super. I saw them on the "Speed Channel." I think most VRoders would want detactable or quick disconnect. Is there a site sponsor carrying the bags?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beatle Bags by CORBIN

I saw that as well.
Chopper Steve has them advertised via V-Mod.com. They do look great, but are expensive. You pay for quality I spose.

This thread didn't take off like I hoped. Relevant threads are still all over the site and I had hoped that this would be a one stop page for info re bag styles, tips, prices etc. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Best wishes.

Ken.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Ken: I thought I had replied to this thread. I have the HD leather bags. I like the fact that they are abuse resistant. I don't worry about scuffing or scratching them. They won't hold a half helmet, however. They also hide the dog a$$, so I don't have that issue.

·
1,738 Posts
I will be getting the black HD vinyl covered hard bags from Hales for $750.00, plus $20.00 shipping. They will go best with my black bike and the covering will probably be more resistant to scratches than the painted ones. The Corbin's would be more useful, but more expensive and I think that the HD ones fit the design of the bike better.

Fred

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
V ROD SADDLEBAGS and LUGGAGE SECTION

G'day everyone.
As requested, if you have saddle bags or other luggage setups on your machine, or know of great items or prices, could you please post them to this link so all the members can have one central thread for luggage?
Thanks, as I still have to purchase a set myself, and need ideas.
(This email isn't aimed at those who have replied.)
Max, is this thread worthy of its own area?

Best wishes everyone.

Ken.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Ken, I agree that it would be good to get info on this in one place - not just saddle bags, but all the other gear and nick nack carrying options there are for the v-rod.

I have the hard bags with chrome tops. They are not really big enough for much, but serve my needs perfectly (although I wish they would take a laptop - well my laptop anyway, they might fit a real small one, mine has a 15.4' widescreen) and IMHO look the best on the bike. The black vinyl covered ones would look good on a darker bike probably, but with all the paint schemes coming out now, I think they should be co-ordinated, or just go with the leather.

Since I got mine I have seen some pretty good quick release options with the supports from v-mod.com and throwovers from some supplier I can't remember now. If I had the option now I would look really hard at that so I could get rid of the bags quickly and easily if I wanted to. I am a little disappointed that there was not a quick release design for the hardbags. Everyone from BMW to Ducati do this, why not Harley?

Also, the extra gear bags options would be good to have here - like T Bags etc - even if it was just links to sites with the relevant info, OEM sites etc.

Lastly, the custom solutions, like Craigs frame bag that I bought from him - plus I have seen other members with bits and pieces on their bikes that are clever adaptions etc.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Dam could I put a Bunch of Nitrous Bottles in there! :diablo:

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I also had a luggage rack bag made by the same guy I used for the frame bag. It's a little bigger and has a zipper all around it that I can lock at one end. I am not sure I like the look of it as much as the frame bag - doesn't tie in as well with the rest of the bike - but if you do use a luggage rack it is pretty handy. It fits my radar detector, Panoptyx glasses and a small polish rag and spray bottle quite nicely. Just another idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Karl, I was wondering on how well the chrome tops on the hard bags from HD would wear, ie do you get many swirl marks or scratches from normal road useage?
I've done 8000kms in four months of highway use, and stones are a real problem up here, hence my interest in the soft or vinyl covered bags.
FEHRC, great little set up.
I just purchased the HD rack bag from Chicago HD after being ripped off by a fella in the US who didn't send the item I paid for via Ebay. (Didn't send anything actually!)
Kaz, if you bought a bike trailer and put a hitch on your drag bike, you could get an E size bottle of nitrous which would make you the fastest man for the full length of the Autobahn! :moped:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.