Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a VRSC-F that already had saddle bags installed on it. I don't think I will really want them on the bike but the dealer didn't include the original side mount license plate bracket(said the original owner lost it). Does anyone have the original side mount bracket that they aren't using and want to sell it? I'm probably going to remove the bags and just sell them but I haven't decided yet. I guess it depends on how much of a pain it's going to be to take them off and put them on when I go on long trips. Any input on this? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Nuori mies nimetön
79 Posts
You can buy it from the dealer or online, H-D part no. 69390-09.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I probably will be selling them as soon as I pick the bike up (this Friday). I'll definitely let you know. I was hoping they'd be easy to take off and put back on but I'm not so sure of that after reading up on them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
well if it is the rigid saddle bags on the muscle, i must say that i believe that they are suppossed to stay on the bike, if i am not mistaking, in other words they are not meant to come off at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was able to take the saddle bags off fairly simply. It was time consuming only because it's not easy to get to the bolts. I left the upper brackets on so I can put the bags back on if I choose to do so. It only requires 4 bolts to take them off and put them on if you leave the upper brackets attached under the fender. The brackets don't even look bad really. I'm still deciding if I want to sell them or not because they are very nice and well made. They may come in handy some day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well if you wanna sel them let me know.
If you are still interested in buying them let me know. I'm not going to be using them anytime soon so they are just taking up space in my garage. They are in excellent condition (I took them off before my bike even had 300 miles on it).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts