Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Well, had a few hours to kill last night and decided to tackle the install of the SE fork brace..... After gathering a few bits of advice from other members here I just went for it. I decided not to remove the wheel, fender, brake calipers, and each fork individually. Removed the complete fork assembly after removing the brake calipers, fork stem chrome covers and loosening the triple tree bolts. Make sure you use your bike jack and tie down the bike to it as when the front wheel assembly is removed the bike is rear end heavy. After loosening the triple tree bolts you will have to use a rubber mallet to get the fork tubes out, I did it a little at a time and jacked up the bike as the forks were coming down.

Once I swapped out the fluted covers with a set of stock chrome covers I used some small head bolts as spacers to reinstall the fork tubes together, using the bolts as spacers the forks slid right in with no dinging or scratches whatsoever! I used an automotive jack under the rear tire to use as a fine adjustment to get the tubes back to the same height as the factory. Removed the spacer bolts and tightened the bolts to spec. Since I had a touch up kit sitting here I decided to fill in the lettering of the brace (see pics) I think it looks really good and makes the piece really stand out! Put everything else back together and installed the fork brace. Her are a few pictures of the finished process!

So now if you have an SE bike all you would need to do is either purchase a set of stock covers from a dealer or get a set off of a member here (Thanks Plugger!) The last bit of advice is this brace works fine with chrome lowers and I even used the supplied bolts from the kit as they were long enough.

Roger

Attachments

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
The led's and the touch up kit makes the letters look like they light up like neon lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts