Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will running with no muffler at all hurt the bike at all? Would I need a PC to adjust anything or would that only be needed for the air filter?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
yes you will need a fuel management system to run without mufflers, I'll bet you'll loose HP too.

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that's what I figured. It sounded much better than stock though. Rode it up and down the street and put the stockers back on. Just don't have the fundage for PC and mufflers.

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, loud but not too loud. I liked it anyway ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
what kind of bike do you have that you are running no mufflers

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yeah, they sound awesome w/o mufflers. I ran mine w/o for a few minutes while they were out for powder coating. It sounded AWESOME, but I turned it off quick before it had a chance to cause damage.

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what kind of bike do you have that you are running no mufflers
Its a 10 muscle. I'm not really running no pipes though. I took them off to clean them and ran it without them for probably 10 min or so. It sounded great but I put them back on just in case.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
I guess it popped like hell when decelerating and the throttle reponse was crappy compared with the factory setting... What happens is one thinks it runs great and faster because it's louder, but it runs almost like an air cooled... Anyway, if are riding beside an unbaffled aircooled, you'll think the Rod is turned off, same happens to me when my wife drives her Deluxe beside me!
:paper:

·
Flat Broke
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess it popped like hell when decelerating and the throttle reponse was crappy compared with the factory setting... What happens is one thinks it runs great and faster because it's louder, but it runs almost like an air cooled... Anyway, if are riding beside an unbaffled aircooled, you'll think the Rod is turned off, same happens to me when my wife drives her Deluxe beside me!
:paper:
Throttle response was less from start for sure, didn't seem that bad but definite loss of horsepower. To be expected with no tune done though. As for Decel pop, I get that now anyway. Has from day one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Its a 10 muscle. I'm not really running no pipes though. I took them off to clean them and ran it without them for probably 10 min or so. It sounded great but I put them back on just in case.
did the same thing to my dx to paint the muffles

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yes WE have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts