Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
H VROD 5
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 VRSCB. I made a side mount plate bracket and I am going to use led strips (emit light from the side edge of the strip) to light the plate from both sides. I need to figure out a good way to route the wires back to the connector for the original plate location. I found a rubber plug on the back side of the swing arm on the left side so it appears the I could possibly run the wire inside the swing arm. Are there any other exit location at the frame side of the swing arm where I can bring the wire back out or will I have to drill :-( Any other suggestions on how/where to route the wire would be appreciated.

·
(Peter)
488 Posts
I used that rubber plug back when I was running the 180 rear tire. It's been a long time ago now, but I think I remember having to a hole and used a rubber gromet.

·
Registered
215 Posts
pretty sure there is another rubber grommet and other holes in other areas of the swingarm, or there is a hole on the underside of the swingarm if i remember correctly without getting off the couch here and going to the garage.

Should be able to run it through and suck it through the swingarm with a vaccuum. :)

·
H VROD 5
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the 05 B and I think that one they changed to swing arm. I found a very small hole in the bottom close to the rear axel and a rubber plug on the back side around the same location. I can't find a hole anywhere toward the frame end. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I have the 05 B and I think that one they changed to swing arm. I found a very small hole in the bottom close to the rear axel and a rubber plug on the back side around the same location. I can't find a hole anywhere toward the frame end. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
I had to drill a hole in the swing arm on my 04. I then used a shop vac to suck a string through the swing arm. Tied one end to the wires and pulled then through.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
H VROD 5
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have some pictures of an 05-06 swing arm that I can see if there are any other "holes" that can be utilized? I know where one is but I can't find any others.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
There are 2 in the swing arm on my '06 SE2. I ran the wire through the grommet near the left rear shock bolt, down the swing arm and back out the front grommet, up the frame and tied into the wiring under the rear pillion. Wrap the wires in heat shrink, pull snug but leave some flex and you are good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts