Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided I want to run topless. I am a bit cunfused about running bike that way. Relocating iat I under stand. I am running a 2003 SE aircleaner and SE slip exhaust with 28 tooth gearing. The dealer set it all up when bought. To run topless do I need to have another flash done? I am not real familiar with all the flashes. The dealer charges $150.00 to flash bike the first time he did it for air cleaner and pipe. Should I buy PC III and get it over with. I assume if I had PC III I would no longer need dealer for flashes?? Thanks in advance.....Tony :angeldev:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Tony,
Check back with the dealer and get the part number for the f"lash" they installed, they may have already flashed it with the appropriate "flash" for running topless,28,K&N and exhaust. If not, pickup a PCIIIr off eBay and have fun...

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I ran topless. It was a little cold but I think I understand the rush that everyone seems to get. It sure attracts attention!! ;-)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dumb question....what is "running topless"? :stooge:

Call me just a girl but being a novas rider I do not understand "running topless" :confused:

~Heather~

·
Registered
598 Posts
V-Rod Lady said:

Call me just a girl but being a novas rider I do not understand "running topless" :confused:

~Heather~

"running topless"= removing the plastic air box cover. I now run topless with the PCIII and V-mods good for a couple of horses. Do a search on "running topless" and you should come up with some good threads. Some of us have also moded the plastic air box cover by cuting holes in the front.

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
V-Rod Lady said:

~Heather~
Heather -- it means taking the inner camshell off. (The black plastic piece under the airbox cover.) Topless provides greater airflow -- more horsepower, but a leaner fuel mix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts