Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed before my last ride that when I started the bike the exhaust sprayed some black soot out the back. The bike was up against the white garage door. The door has the black spot where the exhaust was.

Then later I was told when I took off from a stop that there was puff of black smoke?

This just happened? I have the SE race tuner. Should I get it reloaded?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
IMHO when the bike is right you will get times that you get both black soot (with moisture when starting) and puffs of black smoke. There is such a fine line between rich and lean, rich is safe and will not hurt your engine. Lean isn't safe. If your on the rich side but not fouling plugs or blowing clouds of smoke I'm going to guess if the bike runs good that your good.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
laconia76 said:
It's a sign. A sign you should paint your garage door a different color
:rofl:

I hear you Americans are a bit obsessive about your garages.
I guess if you repaint the door you will have to change the wall colour, the curtains and maybe re-seal the floor another colour.

Then there is the issue of all polishing all your tools and stuff 'cos you are bound to raise some dust :moon:

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'm not fouling any plugs so I'll leave it the way it is...

laonia76, you had me rolling with that one.....:rofl2:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
americans obsessed by their garages??? once put a black mark on brother in laws garage floor when pulling away a bit rapid, did'nt hear the last of it for months after!!

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey now......

I only wrote that to describe the soot coming out the pipe.. The spot is still there.... Plus there are dents where the wife hasn't learned to let it go all the way up before entering...... :bash:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts