Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2002 vrsca and I am having issues where the idle surges, I need to get the bike constant throttle when warm to start it and when it's running the engine does when I let completely off the throttle, looking for some ideas at what to look at to solve these issues

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
So I have a 2002 vrsca and I am having issues where the idle surges, I need to get the bike constant throttle when warm to start it and when it's running the engine does when I let completely off the throttle, looking for some ideas at what to look at to solve these issues
IAC motor.
Ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IAC motor.
Ron
IAC motor is brand new

·
The Hawk
3,919 Posts
Did you reset the new iac motor after the install? Cycle ignition with run switches run, off and on 3 times , 10 sec on 10 sec off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
The Hawk
3,919 Posts
Any codes?

When you turn on the ignition do you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds? If so, take the gas cap off and look in the tank with a flashlight while the fuel pump is running, if you see a fuel mist or spray you have a cracked fuel flange, known issue in 02 and 03 v rods. Easiest to see with a 1/2 tank of fuel or less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oK so 2 of the problems have been fixed by replacing the throttle boot but the bike shuts off when squeezing the clutch lever coming to a stop every so often and i went through relearning sequence any ideas

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
In 02 the IAC sensor was attached to the front cylinder. A recall to correct a stall issue remapped the ECM and relocated the IAC sensor to the airbox.

·
Registered
55 Posts
oK so 2 of the problems have been fixed by replacing the throttle boot
Hey Lemerande,
Where did you order the boot from and would you recommend them?

Sam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts