Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Do you think the 2005 will have a six speed trans?

• Yes, that may be why the 04 speedo was changed to 150mph

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • No HD is happy with the current 5 speed and will keep it as it is.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Who knows what the MOCO is going to do, they probably don't even know.

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • It doesn't matter to me, I'm happy with what I have now.

Votes: 11 22.9%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard over a month ago about a rumor that the 2005 V-Rod was going to come with a 6 speed trans from an undisclosed source. Today I heard that rumor with similar information to back it up from a completely different source. So lets start a poll.

·
Ghost Rider
534 Posts
IMHO wouldn't be a bad idea, I keep on looking for an extra gear when cruising.

That would be a good poll. I'm I the only one who thinks this?

·
Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
As a long time Harley rider I'm used to putt-putting along on my '54 so I'm ALWAYS looking for a sixth gear on my RK and my V-Rod. It's a great idea and I hope it becomes true!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I think that they definitely need a 6-speed. Turning around 4 grand at 70 mph with a 30T is a little high, not to mention almost 4600 at 80...

It has to be cranking amost 4900 to do 80 with a 28T...

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
To me it makes a lot of sense.

The V-Rod has been a real success story for Harley in Europe and while a 70-80 freeway cruising speed is normal for the US; in Germany and other EC countries motorcyclists regularly cruise at much higher speeds.

So this is one rumor that I would say has some merit.

·
Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
I do around 4000 RPM at 60 on my '04 (28 tooth). It's high but not bothersome. It takes some getting used to after riding the RK or old Panhead.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I don't think it's needed but it would make a lot of people happy. I personally have no problem turning 5000 rpm @ 80 mph (28T). The bike is ultra smooth and very responsive. I still get 40 mpg :)

Mark

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I wonder How fast 11000 rpm in 6 th gear would be?:diablo:

·
Registered
223 Posts
.........and maybe a recall to the '02, '03, and '04 rodders that they have to upgraDE TO THE 6TH SPEED to keep uniformity going........:rofl3: YEAH...RIGHT.:teu26

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I think the recall will go something like, We'll give you 10K for your V-Rod if you trade it on an $18K '05 ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts