Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/standings/index.html

Looks like little chance of early round upsets. England, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, but France has Ireland and Argentina, although at home I think they'll be right. After that, who knows? I reckon it'll be the Boks, the Wobblies or NZ on the podium at the end, and it should be the All Blacks, except they have a habit of choking at these things (1999, 2003). But England can never be written off.

Hard one to pick, I think the Wallabies have a crack, a serious chance. They always play out of their skins at World Cups. I mean we were rated no chance in 2003, and it was only Wilkinsons boot in the last 90 seconds that sunk us. God that hurt, I still wince at the memory. Being there and watching it unfold - the forwards maneuvering, him falling back, the long pass back - it was all over at that point.

I think I'm going to be a tired little vegemite given the time zones.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Karl
I hope the Irish give it to the frogs, but the French "style" of rugby seems acceptable when they're at home. What a shame the frogs don't meet the boks and beat eachother stupid. The thought of Little Johnny makes me wince too. I suppose he gave them something to jump up and down about in England for about for a couple of weeks. Do you remember Ollie Campbell?:notworth: He could teach Johnny a thing or two about kicking.
The Boks could be strong but I think the Kiwis have the depth to field 2 teams. Going to be a great series either way.
Regards ****

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Kiwis are such a complete team, it's awesome. I'd love to see them win it if we don't. I reckon the whole nation will go into mourning if we knock them out in the semi's.

·
Made in Ceylon
505 Posts
Yes, looking forward for WC. In Los Angeles there are some bars. And they show it on Dish Network (satellite TV) live.

·
Made in Ceylon
505 Posts
Argentina rocked tournament hosts France with a sensational 17-12 victory in the opening match of the 2007 Rugby World Cup in Paris.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, my first pic was a dud. Dayum. Not a good sign, but I love an Upset and never mind the underdog getting up. God knows the Wallabies will need an upset to win, but I BELIEVE!!!!

·
Made in Ceylon
505 Posts
Karl,
I am watching Aussie Vs Japan. Looks like a massacre.
It is 7-00 am in LA.

jay.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am watching it too. It better be a massacre. One of the commentators is Ben Tune, an ex Wallaby great, just played his last season. I am acting for his company back in Oz. He's a hell of a nice guy. Oh, and Drew Mitchell goes out with my kids ex-babysitter who is a mates daughter.

·
Made in Ceylon
505 Posts
England 28 USA 10
Dang! USA did good. It is a brave USA performance, with defending champions.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The USA had a good and credible showing against the Poms. Well played Lads.

Having said that, the England team is not the defending champion team. Half of that team retired after the final in 2003, and a lot of others left over the last 4 years.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts