Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fade to Black
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have around 2k miles on my bike and still have the little rubber nipples on the outside of my tires. (DX) I was told that the wide tire bikes can get a flat spot in the tires if you dont wear them evenly. And on top of that I want to upgrade to a 260 in the winter months. Any truth to what I have been told? I like to take corners fast just not that many around here except for the off ramps for the highway. Lots of construction and dirt on the roads.
Thanks
Jason

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Find a parking lot, and ride in tight circles. ;)

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
You need some curves to wear out those chicken strips. We had a guy that couldn't wear his off and his nickname became "nubs".

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
I have 5K or so on my tires and still have the nubs. My pegs scrape before the nubs hit, so they'll be on there until I get new tires.
Or I have my boy cut them off with a snips...

·
brett
9,338 Posts
lol,,,,going to the super market parkin lot tonight,,,,every time i meet up with sports bike guys ,,,they always look at the chicken strips ,they dont say anything just look at them ,then at me, and i can here em going hmmmmmm

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
Jeck said:
I have around 2k miles on my bike and still have the little rubber nipples on the outside of my tires. (DX) I was told that the wide tire bikes can get a flat spot in the tires if you dont wear them evenly. And on top of that I want to upgrade to a 260 in the winter months. Any truth to what I have been told? I like to take corners fast just not that many around here except for the off ramps for the highway. Lots of construction and dirt on the roads.
Thanks
Jason

I love my dang chiken strips.....Chiken Express in Grapevine rox!!! :hidesbeh: Eat Mo Chiken.....

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
you will square off the profile, but what is the problem? all bikes do it since they are upright far more than going roung corners.

·
Registered Used
342 Posts
Get a scalpel to your nipples...............

·
Registered
243 Posts
I ride my A with the sport bike guys and I do drag my pegs but I have VERY small chicken strips. I have nubs right now because I have pretty new tires but the will go away soon.

·
Out to Lunch
801 Posts
Despite trying my hardest, I still have them on my AW. I've worn down the underside of my pegs and have even touched the radiator shroud to the ground and yet my rubber nipples remain both on the front and rear tires. I don't think I'll ever wear the 240 to the edges.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts