Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if someone makes the rubber grommets for the air box cover frame tabs beside HD? My 06D is missing these grommets... And yes, I did a search with no results... Thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
You should DESIGN ONE with a cone-shaped inlet.

After 100's of times R&R'ing this cover, I'm FINALLY ABLE to put it back on (in public, after showing off my airbox mods) without TOTALLY EMBARRASSING MYSELF.

When I picked up the bike, the salesman & I put the Tank Bra on, spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to put the cover back on, and ended up having to get a mechanic come out and show us.

GRRRRRR...

I'm assuming this is the 1159 Bushing - though why non-ABS would need 4 is beyond me...

Rick

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I keep a few stapled on the wall,amongst a few other wear items.

You will always look like a monkey having sex with a football when reinstalling the air box cover.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
go to the local hardware store and pick something similar up for alot less money than at a dealer. here is the 07 part # and description 11519A bushing (2)

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Star Hardware, or similar.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
You all should use some window caulking , glue or silicone .
When installing those
My preference is Dap dynaflex 230 .
I havent had one pop out in years

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Hmmmmmmm, I guess I do it so often - not a problem. I open the seat, line up the left side, bend over the top, line up the right side, and fasten the dzus. Takes 10 seconds. Practice 20 times - you can do it in the dark. Joe

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmmmmmm, I guess I do it so often - not a problem. I open the seat, line up the left side, bend over the top, line up the right side, and fasten the dzus. Takes 10 seconds. Practice 20 times - you can do it in the dark. Joe
:them: I put a lil slicker then snot Rowes assembly lube in them just to help slide the pins in but I never had a problem putting the box on once I got the trick down :)... I just need the rubber grommets cause the box rattles and I don't want to pay the local stealer the price HD wants for these stupid rubber grommets :)... I'll get her fixed when I do the total makeover on it... I'm going to change out the air box anyways to the Trask airbox so I'll take care of it then...

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
There is a " knack " to it. 1st time, I wanted to throw the thing across the yard. Now, it's old-hat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts