Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I an gonna try and get the RT.
I also am gonna havea local computer shop.make me up a laptop just for the RT software.
What do I need to have on the laptop?
Which OS?
who many gigs?so forth.
This is just gonna be for the RT software.The shop told me that I need just a pentium 1.
I don't know what I need.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Here's what my RT manual says:

System:
Pentium-class PC at 133Mhz or above.
Display resolution 800x600 or above, 1024x768 recommended.
One available RS232 port.

Memory:
Win 95B - 32MB
Win 98/SE/ME - 64MB
Win NT (NT4 w/SP4 or above) - 64MB
Win 2000 - 128MB

Hard Drive: 10MB

Note (in RT manual): Use of a USB serial port converter is not supported and is not guaranteed to work due to communication timing requirement.

Mine runs on XP Pro just fine.

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Ive got an older laptop and its running win98.....its only 133mhz.....with 48mb of memeory (yeah i know its old)..........BUT....it seems to be working just fine on that.

·
Registered
696 Posts
CW-VRod said:
Ive got an older laptop and its running win98.....its only 133mhz.....with 48mb of memeory (yeah i know its old)..........BUT....it seems to be working just fine on that.
Same here, an old 200Mhz Win95 with 48MB ram and a whopping 80MB hard drive. I use it for running the Power Comander software to tune the GSX-R and now I have the RT software on it for the V-Rod and it work's fine.

Bottom line if this is all your going to use the laptop for don't waste abunch of money on a new one. An older model with serial ports will do just fine.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am just looking for the minimum,The computer shop said they can give me one for $150.I just wanna make sure that I get the right stuff put into it.I think they were saying win 95, pentium 1 processr,and I think 3 gig harddrive.

Rick,I need to cancel my PC usb order 1st, then I'll give you guys a call.

Thanks for the responses.
keep em coming.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Note (in RT manual): Use of a USB serial port converter is not supported and is not guaranteed to work due to communication timing requirement.[/COLOR]

Mine runs on XP Pro just fine.[/QUOTE]

The new B version now supports USB. From the manual "Updates for this version of software: USB port capability has been added. There are now 8 com ports available.

I have used a Keyspan USB Serial Adapter (USA-190QW) without any problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts