1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
All I could afford were his grips... :broke:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Makes Jessie James and Paul Tutal Sr look like the idiots they've proven themselves to be! I don't care for some of his bikes but admire his attitude and real world accomplishments.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I can't figure out how someone who raced 250 cc two stroke road racers as successfully as Roland Sands did (I've seen him race many times) can be so fond of selling parts that seem to place form before function. Anyone who can put a 250 gp bike on the podium ought to know the value of light weight and strength over gingerbread styling.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't figure out how someone who raced 250 cc two stroke road racers as successfully as Roland Sands did (I've seen him race many times) can be so fond of selling parts that seem to place form before function. Anyone who can put a 250 gp bike on the podium ought to know the value of light weight and strength over gingerbread styling.
Perhaps because not all riders have a pocket protector full of pencils in their shirt and sticks up their asses when it comes to their motorcycles? Time and Place for everything, why not sell to every fraction?

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
WTF Philthy, you're on an HD forum. Form over function is the golden rule. Like Hd, Roland sells/builds what sells. I'm sure he knows the difference between form and function and does have many an innovative designs to his credit in that regard.
But also like HD, if they'll buy it, he'll build it. Gotta eat.

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
This kid is hot SHIIT...he has form & function. Ya ever see him airborne one of his creations? He jumped it like a dirt bike.

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
He is currently working on a new Vrod right now, Single Sided Swingarm, Task Turbo, Busa Forks...looks interesting. Take a look

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
I dont like anything he has his name on. His additude sucks and the time I did meet him he was a prick. Nothing like telling a guy he dose some nice work and he says "yea I got to answer this text." Turn his back and tells his dudes that he is going to hook up with the chick that was here a few minutes ago. I did call him an asshole! Yep I feel better.

Must be nice to live off Daddy's money.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont like anything he has his name on. His additude sucks and the time I did meet him he was a prick. Nothing like telling a guy he dose some nice work and he says "yea I got to answer this text." Turn his back and tells his dudes that he is going to hook up with the chick that was here a few minutes ago. I did call him an asshole! Yep I feel better.

You mean like all Those Davidsons do?

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
You mean like all Those Davidsons do?
Yep, except none of them are out there acting celebrity.

RS is an arrogant little prick, Nascar is absolutely correct but I don't need to like him to like his creativeness. And yes he was fed with a silver spoon, a 925 Sterling spoon in fact but hey, some get the breaks, he might be a clerk without Daddy's money and tools. Like Paul Jr, given the opportunity - they both ran with it and succeeded quit well. I'd love access to either of their shops for a week or so.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Vambo your right I dont have to like the person to like his stuff but it just left a deep cut. He must be doing something right, his stuff is all over like Jr with his new Camaro edition. I do think a little different of Jr being he did help build the empire. Where as Sands was born in to big money. He is creative with the lexan parts and stuff. Still not my likeing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts