Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finishing the last few mods.rolling east next Sunday. Will post route and stops, updating each evening. New camelbak holds 3 quarts. Lesson learned....drink lots of water. At gas stops, if I take a leak, cool. If not, have a quart of gatorade, top off the camelback, and kee going. That, ansd sleep. More is better, less while riding! Joe

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Safe travels Joe. I will sometimes freeze up bottles of Gatorade and drink it as it melts down. Used to do that when I walked golf courses in the summer (to play golf).

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thinking I-15 to I80. 80 over to 43, and up. Hope for cool weather! Joe

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just finished the last mod, and will shakedown cruise tomorrow ~100 miles. Fooling with the autotune - as well as a V5 Supertrapp. Raised the bars, new mirrors, new lights, new windshield, motohooligan, and so on. Regular stuff. We will see how it all works later today! Joe

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Joe, an alternate, prettier route would be once you get to Iowa City on I80, then going north on 380 to 151. 151 is 4-lane all the way to Madison and is very pretty, plus not as congested with truckers as I80 is, especially around Davenport (the quad cities area) plus there are detours, etc this time of year. Once you get to Madison, you can hop on I94 east and that eventually runs into 43 near Milwaukee. You even go by J-P Cycles (I think that's the name of the motorcycle supply store) in Anamosa, IA. There is a detour in Iowa City to go north on 380, though. You go south on 380 about 4-5 miles, then do a turnaround on an exit and just go back north on 380. 380 takes you to Cedar Rapids, hook up on Highway 30 for a few miles, then get on 151 from there.

·
Fade to Black
2,526 Posts
If you are in CR area let us know. Kevin and I are heading up Thursday Morning, maybe we can meet up. But we are trailer kings hehe

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I think ifn you can't ride from Iowa to Millwauke the correct term is "trailer queens"!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I'm ready to roll!:hidesbeh::D

Attachments

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
I thought your truck was black :hidesbeh:

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
Joe, an alternate, prettier route would be once you get to Iowa City on I80, then going north on 380 to 151. 151 is 4-lane all the way to Madison and is very pretty, plus not as congested with truckers as I80 is, especially around Davenport (the quad cities area) plus there are detours, etc this time of year. Once you get to Madison, you can hop on I94 east and that eventually runs into 43 near Milwaukee. You even go by J-P Cycles (I think that's the name of the motorcycle supply store) in Anamosa, IA. There is a detour in Iowa City to go north on 380, though. You go south on 380 about 4-5 miles, then do a turnaround on an exit and just go back north on 380. 380 takes you to Cedar Rapids, hook up on Highway 30 for a few miles, then get on 151 from there.
Definitely take that route Joe. You'll run through some beautiful country (once you get out of Iowa :hidesbeh:), and excellent roads.

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Yeah, Kurt, one of my favorite drives when I head home to see my family.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will do. Shakedown revealed a few minor problems, fixed them, and rode 50 this morning - now my headlight quit. Runs perfect. Brakes squeal a bit. TMAX is autotuning nicely. A small stumble at 3000rpm, but getting better. smooth at 80. Gas mileage is up, too. Off to the garage. then wash and wax. I am so excited to see all my friends! Joe

1 - 20 of 60 Posts